Which one of you Nix lovers wrote this?

Kenny Hates Prospects

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Have the White Sox considered Jayson Nix as their starting second baseman? Nix can hit as many home runs as Paul Konerko and steal as many bases as Scott Podsednik, and with work, he can be a great second baseman. Can we expect Nix as the starting 2010 second baseman?

-- Rob, Tinley Park, Ill.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
To be fair, Paul Konerko hit 18 home runs in 2003, and Scott Podsednik stole 12 bases in both 2007 and 2008. Given 600 PAs, it's not impossible that Jayson Nix could hit 18 homers and steal 12 bases, given that he hit 12 homers and stole 10 bases in 290 PAs.

:notworthy

Seriously though, I don't understand Nix being a starter. I love him as a bench player, but I remember at a game I went to with my brother, his friend works for the Sox and desperately wants the Sox to sell Nix while he has high value.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
To be fair, Paul Konerko hit 18 home runs in 2003, and Scott Podsednik stole 12 bases in both 2007 and 2008. Given 600 PAs, it's not impossible that Jayson Nix could hit 18 homers and steal 12 bases, given that he hit 12 homers and stole 10 bases in 290 PAs.

Nice work.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 04:34 AM)
Joke's on them, people who value players like Nix don't look at stolen bases as being that important.

1. Nix can and does steal bases.

2. Stolen bases aren't that important especially not in replacement for OBP or SLG.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 11:53 PM)
1. Nix can and does steal bases.

2. Stolen bases aren't that important especially not in replacement for OBP or SLG.

The second statement is a fallacy and it contributes to the stereotype that "statheads" think stolen bases are worthless. Stolen bases DO matter, and a player that can steal bases DOES have value IF said player steals at an acceptable rate. No they do not replace OBP or SLG but nobody is saying they do either (especially OBP) so nobody should be trying to argue against a point that's never made.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
The second statement is a fallacy and it contributes to the stereotype that "statheads" think stolen bases are worthless. Stolen bases DO matter, and a player that can steal bases DOES have value IF said player steals at an acceptable rate. No they do not replace OBP or SLG but nobody is saying they do either (especially OBP) so nobody should be trying to argue against a point that's never made.

I was exaggerating for sure, but I don't think I've seen anyone here try to use stolen bases as a selling point for Nix.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Chris Getz hit as many homeruns as David Eckstein and stole as many bases as Brandon Phillips. Must be some kinda of grinder-superstar hybrid. Regardless, it sounds tasty.

Just because a thread is about Jayson Nix doesn't mean you always have to bring up Chris Getz in it...

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
Just because a thread is about Jayson Nix doesn't mean you always have to bring up Chris Getz in it...

Some people have trouble dealing with the fact that the Sox have recognized Getz as a solid ballplayer, contact hitter, and future leadoff man while seeing Nix as a defensively challenged K machine that likely won't be on the major league roster next season.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)

Where else was this thread going to go ChiSox? Since when does having a thread (albeit a comical one) that is critical of Jayson Nix, a guy who should be competing for Chris Getzs' job has nothing to do with Chris Getz? And can we be done with the ""this organization has recognized Getz's talent crap?" This organization wanted to start Jerry Owens and Dewayne Wise over the likes of Carlos Quentin and Nick Swisher over the last couple of years. I'm very unconcerned with what Ozzie thinks is right, and more concerned with what the numbers and a discerning eye tell me.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Where else was this thread going to go ChiSox? Since when does having a thread (albeit a comical one) that is critical of Jayson Nix, a guy who should be competing for Chris Getzs' job has nothing to do with Chris Getz? And can we be done with the ""this organization has recognized Getz's talent crap?" This organization wanted to start Jerry Owens and Dewayne Wise over the likes of Carlos Quentin and Nick Swisher over the last couple of years. I'm very unconcerned with what Ozzie thinks is right, and more concerned with what the numbers and a discerning eye tell me.

It had nothing to do with Chris Getz when it was only about Jayson Nix. You've brought the Getz vs Nix argument into several threads now and you were even asked by Gage to leave it to the Getz vs Nix thread in one of them. Point is, it's just beating a dead horse. The thread was started by the poster as a lighter somewhat comical one. The Getz vs Nix argument didn't come up but by you bringing Getz into it what did you expect to happen?