Speculation: Johnny Damon to White Sox?

almagest

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching him steal 2nd and 3rd on one pitch and the significance his baserunning had on throwing off lidge I would love it. Having a guy who can lead off, hit around .300 and hit 20+ homeruns would make the top of our lineup very scary. It also gives us another base stealer. I would be surprised if the Yanks didnt resign him though.

I can't stand listening to Damon talk, but I'd take him here on a 2 year deal. The Boras effect (and market) for a 36 year old left fielder, might be small enough to make an exception. If Abreu can't find a 3 year deal, then I think the Sox could legitimately be interested in Damon. If Abreu does find a 3 year deal, Damon may find the same (or at least Boras will be demanding one), and keep the Sox from being interested.

NO!!! NO NO NO NO!!!

I don't want another player on the downside of his career. It's like taking on the yanks left overs... like we're a second class city and team... It's like getting hand me downs from your older brother. NO! If he's not good enough for the yanks then he's not good enough for the Sox. I want Carl Crawford or another YOUNG stud still in his prime. Let Jesus Damon go grow out his hair on the northside!!!

Okay my irrational rant is now over... Sorry I'm trippin a lil bit today...

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
Damon can't field just like Pods. Is he an upgrade? No.

You are right. I don't remember seeing Damon bounce a ball off his head instead of catching it. Damon isn't afraid of the wall in the outfield as well. Its not like Damon is a great OF and all, but come on now Greg do you really think that Pods is good in the OF. Pods is a joke defensively.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
You are right. I don't remember seeing Damon bounce a ball off his head instead of catching it. Damon isn't afraid of the wall in the outfield as well. Its not like Damon is a great OF and all, but come on now Greg do you really think that Pods is good in the OF. Pods is a joke defensively.

He thinks dye is a plus defender, you have to remember that.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Where are these magical players that get younger? I hear other teams have them, but never actually seen one.....

I think you are right. I just looked at myself in the mirror and I think I look older too. Doesn't go the other way does it? But, what is missing in this specualtion is that the Yankees won't make a bid to keep Damon.