2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
Steve Stone also predicted Wood would be selling used cars by now if he didn't fix his mechanics...so he isn't always right...

Maybe if he had predicted that for Prior...

He may not be selling cars, but he is performing at a fraction of the level he was at in his prime due to so many arm injuries.

In regards to Priors mechanics, its always going to be an opinion issue. Marshall thinks Priors mechanics suck and points to his injury problems as the proof in the pudding, House thinks his mechanics were perfect and many believe that Prior was just injury prone or on steroids. Nobody will ever really know.

Also, the towel drill just became symbolic of Prior's downfall, the Tribune went on their Prior Watch craze and all everyone heard was about how Prior and Wood were doing the Towel drill and throwing simulated games. It just became a joke because of the situation that it was presented in.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it probably should be its own thread, but I'll put it here. Twins getting new uniforms for next year (click link to look at them)

http://www.startribune.com/galleries/70201...L7PQLanchO7DiUr

I love the home uni's (traditional white with pinstripes, and a cream colored jersey with pinstripes are a call back to the 1961 Twins), but the away grey...gag. They look just like the Washington Nationals away unis. I liked the grey with pinstripes the Twins have wore since like 1987

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

Tracy.. probably the biggest no brainer to win that award for the NL. Scioscia you can more or less have an argument (Gardy probably did more with less talent, even though they needed our help) but you can't mess with the mental boost he gave that Angels team with all the crap they had to deal with.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Mark Scioscia continues his journey to become the most over-regarded manager in the history of the game. I don't think he's terrible, i just despise a lot of what his approach to the game entails. He did, however, improve this year.

They dealt with injuries up the ass, struggles of the entire pitching staff, and the death of a good young player and he still won 97 games. He earned what he did this season.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Mark Scioscia continues his journey to become the most over-regarded manager in the history of the game. I don't think he's terrible, i just despise a lot of what his approach to the game entails. He did, however, improve this year.

Not so over-regarded that you got his name right though...;)

Actually, I think he's overrated a bit too, but when you win as often as he does, these kind of awards find their way to you...

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Tim Lincecum repeats as Cy Young in a close vote.

Lincecum had 100 points; Carpenter had 94, and Wainwright (who had the most 1st place votes) finished third with 90 points.

MLB.com article

Keep smokin that pot Timmy!! Kinda sucks between Carp and Wains. Both were so good, that it basically split their vote and their chances to win it. Looks like Lincecum kinda snuck in there and stole it this year. Javier Vazquez happened to take 4th. :lol:

Cubs trade Heilman to the Diamondbacks for minor leaguers.

The Cubs sent reliever Aaron Heilman to Arizona today for a pair of minor-league prospects.

Heilman didn't figure into the Cubs 2010 plans, and was likely to be non-tendered by the club next month.

In return, the Cubs received left-handed reliever Scott Maine, who went 4-5 with seven saves and a 2.90 ERA at Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno, and first baseman Ryne White, who hit .266 with six homers and 52 RBI at Class-A Visalia.