2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds signed Jose Arredondo to a minor league deal.

How was this guy not picked up faster? Loads of talent, wish we would've gotten him especially for that price.

Nice to see Tejada back with the O's.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Reds signed Jose Arredondo to a minor league deal.

How was this guy not picked up faster? Loads of talent, wish we would've gotten him especially for that price.

Nice to see Tejada back with the O's.

I think someone said he either just had, or is having, Tommy John Surgery.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
I think someone said he either just had, or is having, Tommy John Surgery.

Is about to have. He will miss at least the entire 2010 season. However, he only has 2 years of MLB service time, so worst case scenario if he can come back in 2011, he'd be arbitration-eligible and under their control for a couple years. He was non-tendered. He was also reportedly stabbed a month ago in the Dominican Republic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Is about to have. He will miss at least the entire 2010 season. However, he only has 2 years of MLB service time, so worst case scenario if he can come back in 2011, he'd be arbitration-eligible and under their control for a couple years. He was non-tendered. He was also reportedly stabbed a month ago in the Dominican Republic.

Usually the year of surgery is gone, plus the year after surgery is spent as a fraction of their former self. It is that third season that pitchers really seem to be able to get back on track.

Whatever happened to the annual thread where they rate posters like most annoying poster, most fun to go to a bar with, etc?

I figured this year after such a wild September I might be voted most hated poster.

Sorry this is in a different section but I've been looking for the awards.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)
Whatever happened to the annual thread where they rate posters like most annoying poster, most fun to go to a bar with, etc?

I figured this year after such a wild September I might be voted most hated poster.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75986

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)

You definitely can be hard-headed. But you're certainly not, or shouldn't be, on anybody's hate list. Now Witesoxfan? Yes, I loathe/despise that guy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Through a friend, Damon's camp is floating initial retirement talk. Probably just a "Come on GM's" kind of thing, but that tells you something about how things are going in negotiations.

There is no way he retires right now, unless his name is about to come out for a bad reason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Phillies signed C Carlos Ruiz to a 3 year deal, avoiding arb.

The Phillies must be printing their own money these days.

It was said tonight on MLB Network that they now have 15 players signed for 2011 taking up over 130 million on the payroll... and Werth is an UFA at year's end.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
This is a great move by the Cards. If anyone can save this kid and his miracle curve it's Dave Duncan.

I said it when Cubbie fans were going ape over him his first time through the league, he really needs a far better 3rd pitch, 2nd time around hitters were just sitting on the fastball and taking the curve, he had nothing else working.