2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Brett Anderson could be done for the year.

Brett Anderson had an MRI on his ailing elbow on Friday, and though results haven't been disclosed, everyone seems to have a bad, bad feeling:

#athletics fearing worst regarding Brett Anderson's elbow. No word on exam results today, but a team source told me: "Looks like he's done"

We'll await confirmation, but if this is true, it goes without saying that it is a big, big blow to the A's, and rather dramatically changes the outlook of the rest of the season in the AL West.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/4/1501659/b...-injury-oakland

Huge blow for the A's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Hell if someone was willing to pay me $5.5 million, there is no way I'd be retiring.

Touche. And the dumbass teams that insist on wasting money on a walking injury deserve what they get (although the Yankees obviously won't have a problem absorbing the wasted money).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Touche. And the dumbass teams that insist on wasting money on a walking injury deserve what they get (although the Yankees obviously won't have a problem absorbing the wasted money).

Honestly I couldn't believe how many people wanted him on the Sox in the off-season. When I saw how much money he got, I wasn't the least bit upset we didn't get him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Strasburg's final AAA start line: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.

Strasburg's minor league totals: 7-2, 1.30 ERA, 55 1.3 IP, 31 H, 14 R, 8 ER, 1 HR, 7 BB, 38 K, 1.90 GO/AO, .154 BAA.

Tuesday shall be fun.

He had a 1.46 FIP down there too.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Honestly I couldn't believe how many people wanted him on the Sox in the off-season. When I saw how much money he got, I wasn't the least bit upset we didn't get him.

I was one of the ones who wanted him, but I didn't imagine anyone would give him that much money. I thought he might get the kind of deal Jones got.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
The Nick Johnson story is a sad one. Even with the slow start he had this year, he's such a good, solid player on the rare occasion he stays healthy.

And yeah, the Brett Anderson news is a killer for the A's. Don't know if they can survive without him.

I feel for Nick Johnson, but take a look at the dude...does he even try to work out? I brought this up in the Spring when he tweaked something. He looks like he could be working behind the desk at your local Meinecke dealership or something.

Treat your body a little better and maybe it will hold up a little better for you...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
I feel for Nick Johnson, but take a look at the dude...does he even try to work out? I brought this up in the Spring when he tweaked something. He looks like he could be working behind the desk at your local Meinecke dealership or something.

Treat your body a little better and maybe it will hold up a little better for you...

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Makes Beckham's season-long suckfest even more discombobulating.

Just remember when Beckham was called up last year he was sexy up here too. The ol' "sophomore slump" is where we will see if Posey can handle.

I don't like him, but it's so refreshing hearing Kevin Millar tell stories about Major League players that are still active when he's announcing. It's a lot more interesting hearing how Mark Kotsay was the most accurate outfield arm he's played with rather than hear how great Jim Rice was defensively.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Or taken Alvarez to put him at 1B when Pena leaves?

Indeed. But it's next to impossible to really criticize Tampa's scouting/drafting the last 5+ years. But adding Posey/Alvarez to the core they already have in place would be devastating. A Braves-like run would be a foregone conclusion. Hopefully (for their sakes) Beckham pans out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
I don't like him, but it's so refreshing hearing Kevin Millar tell stories about Major League players that are still active when he's announcing. It's a lot more interesting hearing how Mark Kotsay was the most accurate outfield arm he's played with rather than hear how great Jim Rice was defensively.

You beat me to it. Can't stand him but he is pretty decent.