2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
I'd remove the Yankees (who make little sense as a destination) and add the Phillies who seem to have quit a bit of interest in re-acquiring him.

Lee ending up anywhere in the NL East would be a godsend to the White Sox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Did somebody put a voodoo hex on the Red Sox or what? Kevin Youkilis had to leave the game in the 4th inning due to some freak calf or ankle injury while he was in the batters box. Looked pretty bad.

The Curse of Yankees Rivals. Last year it was the Mets.

Honestly...this could help Paulie, if Youk wins the final vote.

That sounds horrible, but still.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Lee ending up anywhere in the NL East would be a godsend to the White Sox.

I would do cartwheels if he ends up in the NL, Lee not going to the Twins or Tigers (i have no idea if the Tigers even have a realistic shot) could be the biggest trade deadline move for the White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Cardinals just blew a 6 run lead in the 9th against the Rockies.

As much as LaRussa loves to mix and match relievers during the late innings, he sure as hell kept Franklin in there way too long. Dude was getting drilled.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
The Reds are supposedly interested in Cliff Lee, but they really need to focus on cleaning up their bullpen. Outside of Cordero and Rhodes, they have no one!

So, trade Santos and prospects to the Reds for Votto and they in turn package some of their prospects and the ones they get from us to Seattle for Cliff Lee. They should have no problem giving up Votto. He barely made the ASG. ;-)

I am obviously joking, but something creative is the way I see the Sox pulling off a way to improve their offense and keep the Twins from improving.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Wow, an epic meltdown by the Reds. They need bullpen help a lot more than they need another starter.

Don't know the Phillies new pbp guy but him yelling GOOOOOOOOOONE was awesome after Howard's homer.