2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
I'm going to be pissed off if Josh Johnson doesn't win the CY.

Amazing how well he's pitched and the season he's had when you really analyze his numbers. Everyone was pretty much handing Ubaldo Jimenez the Cy Young all season. He could still get it, but as of right now, Johnson is my pick.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Amazing how well he's pitched and the season he's had when you really analyze his numbers. Everyone was pretty much handing Ubaldo Jimenez the Cy Young all season. He could still get it, but as of right now, Johnson is my pick.

I should actually revise me statement some and say that if JJ continues to pitch at this level without hitting a real rough patch, like Ubaldo did in June, that he should be the clear choice.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Phil Cuzzi cost the Giants a win today on a blown call at the plate in the bottom of the 9th. That guy sucks.

..and another reason why they need to expand replay.

I'm sure most people already know this, but it needs to be said anyway.

Buster Posey in July:

.481/.525/.981/1.506.

7 HR. 17 RBI. 25/52 with 5 bb. That is a 200 OPS+.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
I'm sure most people already know this, but it needs to be said anyway.

Buster Posey in July:

.481/.525/.981/1.506.

7 HR. 17 RBI. 25/52 with 5 bb. That is a 200 OPS+.

Is he the best catcher in the NL, at least offensively? If not yet he very well could be by next year. And how about Carlos Santana? He could be the best catcher in the AL very soon.

.274/.432/.988 with an OPS+ of 172 in 139 PAs. His 1.50 BB/K rate is uncanny for such a young hitter. I've said it all year, I've never seen an infusion of talent as deep as what we've seen in '10 hit the game practically all at once in my time as a baseball fan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Is he the best catcher in the NL, at least offensively? If not yet he very well could be by next year. And how about Carlos Santana? He could be the best catcher in the AL very soon.

.274/.432/.988 with an OPS+ of 172 in 139 PAs. His 1.50 BB/K rate is uncanny for such a young hitter. I've said it all year, I've never seen an infusion of talent as deep as what we've seen in '10 hit the game practically all at once in my time as a baseball fan.

Miguel Olivo's .391 wOBA in way more PAs says hi.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
I would say that's entirely a product of playing in Coors.

Home - .400/.421/.689/1.110

Away - .210/.313/.360/.673

Of course it is, but that doesn't mean we should ignore it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
True. He's having a year so above and beyond his norm that I forgot about him. I guess I was looking from this point on into 2011.

He still has Brian McCann and Geovany Soto to battle with for that title.

McCann's probably my favorite catcher in all of baseball. Even in a down year, he has a .360 something wOBA.

Edited by chw42

Holy s***. Pittsburgh just scored 9 in the bottom of the first.

Pedro Alvarez hit a grand slam. There were two consecutive errors and the Pirates had back to back to back doubles.

Dave Bush is absolutely terrible.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Carl Crawford gets hit in the naughty bits with a pick-off throw.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

He got back to the base safely as the ball hit him in the groin but still called out since he got off after. Pitchers should learn from that and always aim for the runners junk when working on the pick off move for now on.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Dave Bush is absolutely terrible.

For as often as he seems to give up like 6 or 7+ runs in a game, its amazing that his career ERA is only 4.63 (before today) and 4 of his previous 6 seasons have had ERAs of under 4.50

Edited by LittleHurt05

Please tell me someone else was watching top of 9th in Dodgers/Giants game. I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Mattingly went to mound to talk to Broxton, took a step off the mound, and then took two steps back to say one more thing to him. Giants manager saw this, and told the umpires that should count as two visits. Broxton was forced to leave, and Dodgers had no one warming up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
Please tell me someone else was watching top of 9th in Dodgers/Giants game. I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Mattingly went to mound to talk to Broxton, took a step off the mound, and then took two steps back to say one more thing to him. Giants manager saw this, and told the umpires that should count as two visits. Broxton was forced to leave, and Dodgers had no one warming up.

I saw it. I had no idea that was some sorta rule.