2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
It's official, 3-team deal. Westbrook to STL, Ryan Ludwick to SD, prospects to CLE.

The Cardinals just gave up a guy with an .827 OPS to get Jake Westbrook. They must really not like Ludwick.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
The Cardinals just gave up a guy with an .827 OPS to get Jake Westbrook. They must really not like Ludwick.

They must really like Jon Jay, but I doubt he's gonna keep up his .396 BA or 1.051 OPS.

A Cardinals fan friend of mine posted on FB: "Great, now we have four pitchers who can lose games 1-0 since we can't score any runs."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Who was the AA pitcher?

Corey Kluber - a 4th round pick of the Pads in 2007.

From MLBTR...

Kluber, 24, has a 3.45 ERA in AA with 10.0 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9. The Padres selected the right-hander in the fourth round of the 2007 draft and have eased him through the minor leagues. In 122.2 innings this season, the 6'4" starter has allowed just 121 hits. Antonetti says the Indians like Kluber's four pitch mix and low-90s fastball.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:41 AM)
I'm in love, man. You think I'm hard on KW right now? Let him give up a talent like Carlos like dumbass Billy Beane did and you'd have to put KW in the witness protection program. I'd dedicate my life to tracking him down.

He very well could be a HOF caliber player if he stays in Colorado long-term

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
He very well could be a HOF caliber player if he stays in Colorado long-term

He still doesn't hit for s*** on the road, guys.

.262/.279/.385/.664

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Ok Captain Obvious...;)

Basically I didn't want to say that makes the Oswalt acquisition worthless this year, because you never know, he could go out and do a CC-with-the-Brewers type run and pitch them straight to the playoffs, but you know...that almost makes it all not matter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
Basically I didn't want to say that makes the Oswalt acquisition worthless this year, because you never know, he could go out and do a CC-with-the-Brewers type run and pitch them straight to the playoffs, but you know...that almost makes it all not matter.

Well, it could really kill them, being that they'd be without Howard and Utley for a big chunk of August...talk about a terrible time for a guy to get injured..

We'll have to wait and see how serious it is.