2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)
The Reds could be a very good team for a long time. The cubs really need to hope no other team in that division steps up as they could lose a whole lot of games until the money opens up.

Anyone but Yanks or Red Sox.

Votto: 26

Phillips: 29

Bruce: 23

Stubbs (who I love): 25

Cueto: 24

Volquez: 26

Leake: 22

Bailey: 24

Wood: 23

Chapman: 22

I never really like predicting sustained runs. I've been wrong many times (I thought the Tigers were set for a big run back in '06). But the ingredients for a run are all there.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
It will be a crime if Felix doesn't win the CY this year, but I don't suppose he will.

Sabermetrics will have come a LONG way if Felix were to win it. Liriano and Weaver both deserve serious consideration as well. Unfortunately, we still have old, crusty voters who forever think it's 1950 and refuse to acknowledge that the game is forever evolving. I expect CC to win it.

Brandon Allen hit a go-ahead Grand Slam and has made some nifty plays in LF today for AZ.

Chris Young with another HR and his OPS is higher than Quentin's.

5-2 D-Backs now, the Padres are starting to hear the footsteps, not unlike the 2005 White Sox...they have a season-defining homestand versus Colorado and SF coming up.

Aaron Cunningham also hitting fairly well, albeit without much power...hard to put up huge numbers at PetCo even if you're A-Gon.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Sabermetrics will have come a LONG way if Felix were to win it. Liriano and Weaver both deserve serious consideration as well. Unfortunately, we still have old, crusty voters who forever think it's 1950 and refuse to acknowledge that the game is forever evolving. I expect CC to win it.

Felix is not a sabermetric candidate: he's a horse with the second lowest ERA, most Ks, most IPs, etc. etc. Conventional stats.

I don't think he'll win, but damn, he should.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Are they really trying to call Chapman, the Cuban Missle? That 'Nick is spoken for.....

When Alexei hits a walk off HR in the WS against Chapman, Chapman will be the Cuban Missile.

And Alexei will be the Cuban f***ing Rocket.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
Brandon Allen hit a go-ahead Grand Slam and has made some nifty plays in LF today for AZ.

I saw that play where he ran to the wall and jumped into it. And yes, as Caulfield said, he was playing LF. Incredible athleticism.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Nyjer Morgan acting like an absolute piece of crap lately. What the hell is wrong with him?

He's been Elijah Dukes like crazy on the field lately.

Edited by J.Reedfan8