2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
As good Dmetri Martin?

That's bulls*** casting. Hill looks nothing like Depo. You give Martin a shave and a trim and you've got a vague resemblance. Justin Bartha, Doug from the Hangover, would be a far better choice if they're look for a look-a-like comedian crossover guy. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058581/ Depo: http://www.greatertalent.com/backend/speak...sta,%20Paul.jpg

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
Eddie Guardado was released by the Nat's. I wouldn't be suprised if the Sox take a look.

I would be. Guardados arm is shot, he doesnt have anythign left. The Nats dont have much in the way of pitching at the Major league level, if they are dropping him, I cant imagine many other teams would be interested

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
Eddie Guardado was released by the Nat's. I wouldn't be suprised if the Sox take a look.

Williams has looked fine so far in ST, so I really doubt it. If the Nats are releasing him, I don't think its likely the Sox will find him to be a better alternative than Williams or Threets.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Jose Reyes and Brandon Webb are looking doubtful for opening day.

Brandon Webb will be an interesting story to watch this year. MLBN was talking about him and basically before the injury he didn't do a bunch of stuff to protect his arm, i.e. ice his arm/shoulder, etc... and they said he's trying to adjust to the schedule of coming back

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Brandon Webb will be an interesting story to watch this year.

If he is healthy once again.. the D-Backs will have an incredible year. Haren-Webb-Jackson will win you alot of games and I love Ian Kennedy going to the NL as their #4.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
If he is healthy once again.. the D-Backs will have an incredible year. Haren-Webb-Jackson will win you alot of games and I love Ian Kennedy going to the NL as their #4.

yeah, and it's not like anyone in that division is blowing anyone out of the water.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
yeah, and it's not like anyone in that division is blowing anyone out of the water.

:huh

Dodgers won 95 games last year, Rockies 92, and the Giants 88, and I don't think any of those teams got worse. That division is pretty solid all around. All 3 have solid rotations, good bullpens, and good (or in the Giants case, adequate) lineups. The Diamondbacks will still have to have a hell of a lot go right for them to compete.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
What's with the slight-moderate upgrade at the same position trades from Philly? A Beckham-Utley swap can't be far off.

With the lefties in the middle of that lineup...Albert would be even more unstoppable.