2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

I was going to scoff and laugh at Milton Bradley's statement that he's like the Kanye West of Baseball. Perhaps with a joke about Milton Bradley being the voice of this generation of this decade. But then I read how he phrased his statement:

"If I was a musician, I'd be Kanye West. If I was in the NBA, I'd be Ron Artest,"
And I realized...slap a beat behind that man and this is a hit record. He is Kanye West!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
I was going to scoff and laugh at Milton Bradley's statement that he's like the Kanye West of Baseball. Perhaps with a joke about Milton Bradley being the voice of this generation of this decade. But then I read how he phrased his statement:

And I realized...slap a beat behind that man and this is a hit record. He is Kanye West!

ESPY Teahen's reaction

If he's baseballs Kanye, that would make Mark Taylor Swift RT @ESPNChicago Milton Bradley: I'm baseball's Kanye West

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Jason Heyward makes the Braves. He is more than 2 years younger than me and can't even drink yet. I'm officially starting to feel really, really old.

Well if it makes you feel any better, he'll be one of the sickest young players to watch in the next decade (along with Justin Upton) and he's your man crush, so I hope I could help you along this process. :D

I started to feel this way when Rick Porcello made it with the Tigers and he's about 2 years younger than me.

Jason Heyward makes the Braves. He is more than 2 years younger than me and can't even drink yet. I'm officially starting to feel really, really old.

That's good news for baseball.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)

Finally, a young stud who's not being held back for that extra year of cost control. Heyward is all that and then some. Can you imagine if the Braves still had Feliz and Andrus? A 90's-like run would be on the horizon.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Heyward is going to be a beast. I wish the exhibition games against the Braves were televised here.

He's one of the reasons I'm getting the Extra Innings package. Along with guys like Justin Upton, Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, Clayton Kershaw and David Price.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
Brandon McCarthy sent to AAA. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Id never call McCarthy mighty, not too mention Texas now has B-Mac, Feliz, Hunter, Hurley, and Harrison on their AAA roster, thats a pretty sick staff.

Forgot Holland too

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
Id never call McCarthy mighty, not too mention Texas now has B-Mac, Feliz, Hunter, Hurley, and Harrison on their AAA roster, thats a pretty sick staff.

Forgot Holland too

Feliz? He's not going to sniff AAA. Hunter and Harrison are also on the opening day roster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Feliz? He's not going to sniff AAA. Hunter and Harrison are also on the opening day roster.

Hunter is definitely begining the season in AAA, he had a late spring training and for some reason the Rangers decided to put Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson in their starting rotation so Harrison prob in AAA too. I assumed Feliz might be down there too because they want him to be a starter, and right now their rotation is full.

I guess Harrison is starting in the bigs, still leaves that AAA staff with Holland, Hurley, Hunter, B-Mac, and Perez? Perez is a better prospect than Feliz anyways lol.

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Hunter is definitely begining the season in AAA, he had a late spring training and for some reason the Rangers decided to put Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson in their starting rotation so Harrison prob in AAA too. I assumed Feliz might be down there too because they want him to be a starter, and right now their rotation is full.

I guess Harrison is starting in the bigs, still leaves that AAA staff with Holland, Hurley, Hunter, B-Mac, and Perez? Perez is a better prospect than Feliz anyways lol.

You were right about Hunter. Perez being a better prospect than Feliz is definitely debateable (I like Feliz more). And Perez won't start the season in AAA. He got rocked in his first five starts at AA last year.

Just drafted him way too high in a keeper league. Please live up to the hype, already calling you a young Griffey Jr.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
Brandon McCarthy sent to AAA. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Ahhhh, I still remember seeing a random ESPN headline that BMac was traded away for some guy named John Danks and being so pissed. Turns out that Kenny Williams guy knows what he is doing.....at least some of the time

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
Ahhhh, I still remember seeing a random ESPN headline that BMac was traded away for some guy named John Danks and being so pissed. Turns out that Kenny Williams guy knows what he is doing.....at least some of the time

Worst day of my (Sox) life. I literally cried when I heard Bmac was traded.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 03:12 AM)
Worst day of my (Sox) life. I literally cried when I heard Bmac was traded.

I was actually pretty ecstatic about the trade, everyday my one friend would tell me how awesome the trio of Danks, Volquez, Diamond(DVD) were going to be. Id always tell him the only one I cared for of the bunch was Danks. :lolhitting