2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught the highlight of Heyward's HR on Gameday. I absolutely loved (I think it was) Chip Caray's home run call.

"Swing and a drive. Belted right. WELCOME TO THE SHOOOOOOOOOOW!"

Heyward had a really solid "I've done this before" style HR trot and arrival at the plate too.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
So Jared Weaver is the Angels ace now, and they're not going to fall off at all? Mmmk

I like Texas a lot if they stay relatively healthy. But they still have major question marks with their starting pitching. Seattle has a great 1-2, but the rest of that rotation is extremely suspect, and their offense might struggle to match last year's league-low 640 runs. The A's are just a joke all-around. So the Angels should still be considered the favorite.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
I've been pimpin' them for about two years now. I wouldn't be surprised if they went .500. Which would be a major improvement.

Ill go so far as to say they would compete in any other division than the one they're in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
Just caught the highlight of Heyward's HR on Gameday. I absolutely loved (I think it was) Chip Caray's home run call.

"Swing and a drive. Belted right. WELCOME TO THE SHOOOOOOOOOOW!"

Heyward had a really solid "I've done this before" style HR trot and arrival at the plate too.

MLB 10 The Show?

today was really great, i was at home and on opening day you can see way more games on basic cable than normal. But yeah, it really is exciting to get to see the players you hear all the time about. Seeing Heyward's home run was awesome, the guy just looks so comfortable at the plate already. Atlanta's gonna have a monster, in the good way.

Today was just heaven. I guess Comcast/Direct TV is giving everybody a free sample of the Extra Innings package for the first week of the season. I've been watching baseball all day. I need more. I don't want to stop. I'm like a feening crackhead. Baseball, baseball, give me more baseball! I want some more f***ing baseball!

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
So Jared Weaver is the Angels ace now, and they're not going to fall off at all? Mmmk

If Brandon Wood gives them anything and Matsui takes to the DH role, their lineup could be even better than it was last year despite losing Figgins and Guerrero. Their bullpen could also be better, since Shields ought to be back this year.

The Jason Heyward phenomenon is officially out of control. Since the HR yesterday, he's been compared to Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Bonds. He's the talk of every baseball site there is right now. Everybody is going nuts in trying to acquire him in fantasy leagues. Didn't Jay Bruce have an OPS of, like, 2.000 through his first week with the Reds? Calm down, people.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
Easy for him to say.

This Yankee arrogance is such crap.

That revenue sharing ends up being around $6M-$7M per team. That cannot sign Fielder.

The Yankees need to realize that not every team can afford an infield that rivals most teams entirety.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
The Jason Heyward phenomenon is officially out of control. Since the HR yesterday, he's been compared to Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Bonds. He's the talk of every baseball site there is right now. Everybody is going nuts in trying to acquire him in fantasy leagues. Didn't Jay Bruce have an OPS of, like, 2.000 through his first week with the Reds? Calm down, people.

I remember everyone declaring Bruce the next great thing. That didn't exactly work out as planned so far.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)

Hey look here! IT'S THE VOICE OF REASON!

Heyward does have the look of a stud, though

In other news, two solid ballgames on MLBN tonight.