2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Orlando Hudson is going to win the NL Gold Glove at 2B which is just sad, there's no way in hell he's a better defender than Chase Utley. He's a top 3 player in the game and the best defensive player at his position in his league and he still can't win this stupid f***ing award.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
It looks like Orlando Hudson is going to win the NL Gold Glove at 2B which is just sad, there's no way in hell he's a better defender than Chase Utley. He's a top 3 player in the game and the best defensive player at his position in his league and he still can't win this stupid f***ing award.

I love chase utley, under appreciated by way too many people. Most would say howard is the best on the team, and they are oh so wrong.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
The Cubs are trying hard to trade Milton Bradley, names such as Luis Castillo, Pat Burrell and Kevin Milwood are being throw around. One must wonder, does Jim Hendry still remember that he has Soriano patrolling lf

Aside from the Mets, I'm not sure that those other 2 teams are really good matchups in the sense that I don't feel like they need a LH bat. The Rays, for example, signed Burrell because they needed RH pop. If I'm the Rays, I do that if the Cubs pay basically both guys' contracts.

Gold Glove Winners for 2009

American League

C - Joe Mauer

1b - Mark Teixeira

2b - Placido Polanco

3b - Evan Longoria

ss - Derek Jeter

of - Ichiro Suzuki, Torii Hunter, Adam Jones

p - Mark Buehrle :gosoxretro:

National League

c - Yadier Molina

1b - Adrian Gonzalez

2b - Orlando Hudson

3b - Ryan Zimmerman

ss - Jimmy Rollins

of - Matt Kemp, Shane Victorino, Michael Bourn

p - Adam Wainwright

Edited by smalls2598

Your 2010 Super Two's:

Mike Fontenot

Tim Lincecum

Matt Garza

Alex Gordon

Matt Albers

Jeff Karstens

Hunter Pence

Dustin Nippert

Carlos Gomez

All of these players have less than 3 years of service but more than 2 and will be arbitration eligible in 2010 because they are super.

Just when you thought it was over...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...mark-prior.html

Former Cubs ace Prior still hopeful of comeback

November 12, 2009 1:09 PM | 4 Comments

Thumbnail image for PX00234_7.JPG

Former Cubs phenom Mark Prior might not be done just yet. ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports that Prior, released last spring by the San Diego Padres after a failed comeback attempt from shoulder surgery, is working out and throwing off flat ground in preparation for auditioning with scouts.

Meanwhile, Kerry Wood -- the other half of the 1-2 power-pitching punch that Cubs fans envisioned leading the team to World Series glory -- popped up on Olney's Twitter account with the news that the Indians would consider moving the closer if they can find the right deal to shed his salary.

Wood, who was 3-3 with 20 saves and a 4.25 ERA for Cleveland last season, will be entering the second year of a two-year, $20.5 million contract).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
If i was the Nats i'd sign Prior to a minor league deal. Couldn't hurt to have him offering some incite to Strasburg.

For a minor league deal, he should be able to find some offers. I wonder if he will even get an invite to spring training.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
Eek... I hope he doesn't show him his follow thru or the towel drill.... :lol:

I don't know why people hate on Prior's mechanics. It seem like it all started when the Cubs knew Prior was done and couldn't figure out why he kept on getting injured, so they said, "It must be the mechanics" and everyone ran with it. His mechanics actually looked great and the towel drill is actually a damn good one. With that said, I think he was on the roids.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
If Prior and Wood had listened to Steve Stone about fixing their mechanics, they'd both probably still be MLB starting pitchers.

Steve Stone also predicted Wood would be selling used cars by now if he didn't fix his mechanics...so he isn't always right...

Maybe if he had predicted that for Prior...

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
I don't know why people hate on Prior's mechanics. It seem like it all started when the Cubs knew Prior was done and couldn't figure out why he kept on getting injured, so they said, "It must be the mechanics" and everyone ran with it. His mechanics actually looked great and the towel drill is actually a damn good one. With that said, I think he was on the roids.

this guy has done a pretty good study of Prior's (and other pitchers) mechanics. His mechanics are pretty bad

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/Baseba...gMechanics.html

Funny how Nolan Ryan credits Tom House for his pitching mechanics which are identical to Priors. He's making assumptions that Prior is swinging his leg too far out. When he compares Ryan and Prior, he then implies that the leg mechanics are fine, but now it's his arm even though Prior is repeating exactly what he did in the previous frame because they are the same frame.