2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
Where have they been the last few years with him?

Votto needed a season like this for Cincy to finally get national recognition. Well deserved.

If they didn't have him and only had Rolen this year, they wouldn't be in the same position anyway. Either way, I agree on your second point. Votto has been getting better and better every year and is finally starting to get his due, albeit not as much as he deserves.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
If they didn't have him and only had Rolen this year, they wouldn't be in the same position anyway. Either way, I agree on your second point. Votto has been getting better and better every year and is finally starting to get his due, albeit not as much as he deserves.

We could go back and forth on it, but probably the main reason they are where they are is guys like Leake and Cueto. Ha

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Yeah, cuz I was disputing Albert's greatness. Right.

There has been times where Albert hasn't homered in 20 days or so and HRs are obviously what makes him special. Some of it is probably credited to the inconsistent Holliday behind him.

I would go with Rolen or Votto over him now, because the Reds are in first. That may not last, but I don't think a guy can be an MVP unless his team wins the division or at least makes the playoffs.

You say Pujols is up and down like it somehow hurts his case for MVP compared to Rolen who has been far more inconsistent. If you don't think he deserves it because he's not on a first place team then that's fine but a 16 game homer-less streak means next to nothing especially when you're comparing him to Scott Rolen.

I hate the implication that one player is more "clutch" than the other like that means anything. You can just throw it out there for any good player in baseball without having to back it up, it's pointless. If you look at "clutch stats" (not saying you should) such as RISP, RISP w/ 2 out, close & late and high leverage situations Votto and Pujols blow Rolen out of the water, WPA swings in Votto's favor.

Anybody see the NL reserves?

Three letters: lol

No Joey Votto or Andrew McCutchen, but we do have Omar Infante, Evan Meek, and Michael Bourn...

Yes, you saw it right, Omar freakin' Infante, who has a .320 wOBA and isn't even a regular starter on his own team.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
What could possibly be the justification for taking Infante? He has 176 f***ing plate appearances.

And THIS is why I'm not watching.

I would imagine he made it only due to his versatility. Still, I can't believe he made it over Votto.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
I would imagine he made it only due to his versatility. Still, I can't believe he made it over Votto.

Infante's hitting .353/.400/.412/.812 vs the Phillies this season. There's your explanation. It's a 34 player roster, versatility truly has no place in this game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Infante's hitting .353/.400/.412/.812 vs the Phillies this season. There's your explanation. It's a 34 player roster, versatility truly has no place in this game.

Sample sizes...man they're a b****.