Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields

pmcochr

QUOTE (nastymasty21 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
Beckham is our 3 hitter...period. end of story...If he is leading off we are in serious trouble

Don't like Beckham in the 3 hole. 2nd spot is a much better fit, or down lower in the orde in my opinion. 3 spot is better then leadoff though. I also do not like Beckham at third base, he is much better suited as a second baseman.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
You could really rearrange things and move Beckham to SS if things get drastic

Basically if Teahen isnt a starter than you have 2 guys that fill in for almost any position and COULD move someone like Becks or nix to SS and fill in Teahen if needed. That really leaves you with 3 guys on the bench you know could cover or help cover the entire field, Flowers, Kotsay and Teahen. All are avg or plus hitters.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:26 AM)
Pff, Retherford has Danny Richar written all over him. You can all slob him and say he's the next great thing, and I'll sit here and tell you that just breaking out at 24 in a fall league is a sign that he's getting lucky and he will suck.

Then he'll hit .200 or so and look like crap but people will still refuse to believe.

Then he will finally, a year later, be given away and fade to no man's land.

With all due respect, you're out of your f***ing mind. Look at C.J.'s stats not only this year, but for 2008 and 2007. Don't insult Retherford and compare him to Danny Richar.

I hope the Sox think Getz sucks; we know the Sox think Fields sucks, cause Teahen is not a regular on a major league team. Guys, I've watched him for years here. Teahen is the kind of guy who starts for a sub-par team.

I sure hope he's just a super sub for us. He'd be OK in that role. If he is our starting right fielder or third baseman ... f***.

You are not going to like his defense. You just aren't going to.

Teahen is a utility player; hope we use him that way.

f***.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
With all due respect, you're out of your f***ing mind. Look at C.J.'s stats not only this year, but for 2008 and 2007. Don't insult Retherford and compare him to Danny Richar.

I was more comparing the love level at Soxtalk for each player destined to be a career backup/minor leaguer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
The Sox hopefully will say Teahen is a super sub. A tradeoff Dye for Teahen in right field would be f***ing ridiculous.

It would be a huge step backward for our team.

Greg,

A cardboard cutout is better than Dye out in RF. Dye is a horrible horrible horrible horrible defensive RF. Teahan is a better RF than him and he is a utility type guy.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
I will miss Getzy, he's a hard worker and a baseball rat. He'll have a long career, I agree with the Grudzielanek comparison, but I'd say he's more like Blake DeWitt, Mike Fontenot or Ryan Theriot.

I'll miss him too, he's the type of player everyone clamors for when we watch the big guys strike out with RISP with all we need is contact. He will kill us for years.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
I'll miss him too, he's the type of player everyone clamors for when we watch the big guys strike out with RISP with all we need is contact. He will kill us for years.

From where? Getz isn't in the position to start in KC, unless they make a handful more moves.

QUOTE (tommy @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Why not pursue Figgins and have him play 2B and leadoff.

Figgins 2B

Beckham 3b

Quentin LF

Konerko

_______ DH - signing/trade

Pierzynski C

Rios CF

Teahen RF

Ramirez SS

Improve bullpen.

Figgins is one of the best defensive 3B, so if we sign him, he'd have to play 3B with Beckham moving to 2B. Ramirez doesn't move from short unless its to another team (because he's the best in-house option by a long-shot defensively).

Figgins is going to cost a lot and get a long-term deal for a guy that is aging and relies heavily on his legs though. I love Figgins, but I'm not sure I'm super down with the long-term idea of him in Chicago at his price.