Shooting at Fort Hood

Rex Kickass

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.for...ings/index.html

Eleven people plus a gunman were killed and 31 were wounded after the gunman opened fire at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, a Fort Hood spokesman said.

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, said the spokesman, Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

Cone said more than one shooter may have been involved.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The slain gunman was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, a law enforcement source told CNN. Licensed in Virginia, Hasan was a psychiatrist who previously worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center but more recently was practicing at Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, according to professional records.

why couldnt his name of been John Smith

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
why couldnt his name of been John Smith

On Fox News a former employee has said "Hassan made comments that Muslims should rise up against their aggresors in Iraq."

It's terrorism, regardless of his connection to some group.

Jesus, you'll all love this. He had become more agitated with the government because he felt following Obama's election the president would remove troops from Iraq/Afghanistan, and he didn't follow up on that.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
Way to use a tragedy like this to promote the master race, bigots around the country all must bow before you on this day.

oh my. off the cliff again!

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
surprise surprise

this was a test; an experiment if you will.

i wanted to see if those whom are prone to bash other religions would become enraged by my this post. only one taker, to my surprise.

:pray for the innocent victims of today's horrible tragedy

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)

i wanted to see if those whom are prone to bash other religions would become enraged by my snarky post. only one taker, to my surprise.

Waiting to see the rest of the story unfold, of course. Certainly, this will be bad for mainstream Muslims if it does turn out this was prompted by religious extremism. And of course it will be a poor reflection on mainstream Christianity when fundies jump in and condemn an entire world religion because of the actions of a few extremists. And the cycle continues.

i wanted to see if those whom are prone to bash other religions would become enraged by my this post. only one taker, to my surprise.

A test of what? Your hypothesis there is either terribly written, inherently incoherent or, by the looks of it, both. I dont understand at all.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
A test of what? Your hypothesis there is either terribly written, inherently incoherent or, by the looks of it, both. I dont understand at all.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
you say that a lot, don't you.

:lol:

Both of you quit it. Any more posts like this will result in suspensions.

And the crazies begin....

Conservative Says Hasan Acted On Orders Of Muslim Brotherhood

Author Dave Gaubatz- Malik Nabal Hasan is a terrorist supporting the ideology of Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, and yes, CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations). In Palestine, the leaders send out the young and vulnerable to carry out the murders in the name of Islam. The same is happening in America.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)

Well on the news today they said that the army was aware of him posting on extremist message boards about suicide bombers being heroes. It really might not be that far off.

And BTW, this guy was someone who counseled PTSD cases from Iraq when they got back. Why in the f*** would the army assign a guy who looks like the enemy to work with soldiers who are suffering from trauma from being shot at by people that look like him? It seems like a stupid move.