Shooting at Fort Hood

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
When i saw this yesterday I wondered why it had to be put in the 'Buster and couldn't just be in SLAM like most of the tragedies that get reported there.

Silly me. Should have known better...

I actually was going to start the thread there but was too busy (scrambling to get information) and by the time I got a free moment Rex had already done it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
Well on the news today they said that the army was aware of him posting on extremist message boards about suicide bombers being heroes. It really might not be that far off.

And BTW, this guy was someone who counseled PTSD cases from Iraq when they got back. Why in the f*** would the army assign a guy who looks like the enemy to work with soldiers who are suffering from trauma from being shot at by people that look like him? It seems like a stupid move.

Nope.

Here is where I have to stop talking.

Hey losftan, here is a question I think you could answer without causing issues...

I saw that among the injured were a few local SWAT guys from the PD. I was kind of surprised to see that local law enforcement was even there. I mean, a base the size of Fort Hood, you'd have a pretty big contingent of MP's, right? Wouldn't they be a lot better equipped to handle that situation, as well as know the base layout, etc.?

They probably have a coordination plan with local law enforcement, yes of course they have MPs but just like when there's a fire, you get FDs from the adjacent towns/counties to come assist when the fire is big. I suppose this situation qualified for civilian assistance, and Ft. Hood probably doesn't have its own organic SWAT team based off what I can tell.

Did you guys see the story about who stopped this f***er? A female SWAT team police officer made an aggressive offensive move and stepped into the gunmen's fire for a gunfight, shot him 4 times and took a bullet herself. They said she probably saved several more casualties.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)

'And here are your left wing crazies doing the exact samething...

http://www.examiner.com/x-2206-Cleveland-G...-as-smoking-gun

Gun control advocates in this country know they are losing the hearts and minds of more and more Americans every day. Poll after poll has shown that support for gun control is at an all time low, repeatedly their agenda has been defeated in the courts, and pro-gun laws are still sweeping the country.

Ever since the "assault weapons ban" (AWB) sunset in 2004, they have been waiting for the right moment to try to get it restated. Now, five years later, some think they have that chance thanks to the Ft. Hood shooting. The fact that what have been arbitrarily defined as "assault weapons" by these activists were't even used in this shooting is immaterial, this incident is little more than a means to an end for them.

Pretty much every two bit pundit is going to take something out of this, as there are so many hot button issues that can be pulled out of this (Muslim, Obama supporter, gun purchase, military activity/war, etc) and try to make himself look smart and prophetic. At the end of the day they are exploiting the deaths of 13 servicemen.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Gunman is alive... a rare opportunity to understand the minds of these people and for relatives of those lost to exact justice on their own terms.

He is off of the ventilator now, so it sounds like he should survive for a trial.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
He is off of the ventilator now, so it sounds like he should survive for a trial.

I assume he will be extradited and his detention and trial will be overseas since I was told that terrorists shouldn't be kept on our soil.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
Pretty much every two bit pundit is going to take something out of this, as there are so many hot button issues that can be pulled out of this (Muslim, Obama supporter, gun purchase, military activity/war, etc) and try to make himself look smart and prophetic. At the end of the day they are exploiting the deaths of 13 servicemen.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
I assume he will be extradited and his detention and trial will be overseas since I was told that terrorists shouldn't be kept on our soil.

This is productive:

Conservative Christian Group Calls for "No More Muslims" In Military

The American Family Association, a conservative Christian group, has published an article on its website calling for Muslims to be barred from military service. Bryan Fischer, AFA's Director of Issues Analysis, argues that the Fort Hood shootings are a signal that "It it is time to stop the practice of allowing Muslims to serve in the U.S. military":

[T]he more devout a Muslim is, the more of a threat he is to national security. Devout Muslims, who accept the teachings of the Prophet as divinely inspired, believe it is their duty to kill infidels....

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
Muslims: Almost as dangerous as gays.

Gays don't have some holy Gayble that says to kill the straight man if he doesn't believe in gay marraige. I haven't seen a gay person yet start shooting into a crowd of straight people shouting "Gucci is great!". I don't see gay people starting riots because someone made a bad cartoon of Liza Minelli.

Kap, was it me, and was this it?