Sox buyout Dye

striker

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
The buyout was never even a question, he wasn't going to get the option picked up. The real question is, did they immediately call him and work on negotiating a new, cheaper contract.

That is question #1 in my mind. Like I have said, if we can bring back Dye or Thome on a one year deal at about half of their previous dollars to DH, I do it. In Dye's case, he could even be a back up in RF for a day or two a week.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
That is question #1 in my mind. Like I have said, if we can bring back Dye or Thome on a one year deal at about half of their previous dollars to DH, I do it. In Dye's case, he could even be a back up in RF for a day or two a week.

If our RF needs to be backed up once or twice a week by Dye then our OF is in big trouble.

This was just a formality. The Sox still have a window where they can bring back Dye at a discounted rate. The problem is at one point they'd have to offer him aribtration to continue negotiating with him (or at least I believe thats the case).

Or am I mistaken?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 08:57 AM)
I was told by a family friend of Dye's this morning that his first choice is to go play for Ron Washington and Texas.

What is it with Ron Washington? Milton Bradley supposedly loved playing for him as well.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
What is it with Ron Washington? Milton Bradley supposedly loved playing for him as well.

Wash is just a really, cool guy. He's similiar to Ozzie in that he's a players manager. He lets the players control the clubhouse, while publically representing the team outside of it. He's one of the most respected guys in the game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 08:57 AM)
I was told by a family friend of Dye's this morning that his first choice is to go play for Ron Washington and Texas.

His first choice is to stay with the Sox, but he knows that isn't in the plans. So after that Ron Washington makes the most sense. He likes him from his days with the A's and well, Texas is a pretty damn good place to hit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
This was just a formality. The Sox still have a window where they can bring back Dye at a discounted rate. The problem is at one point they'd have to offer him aribtration to continue negotiating with him (or at least I believe thats the case).

Or am I mistaken?

The reports are that he becomes a free agent instantly.