Sox buyout Dye

striker

I am so glad soxtalk is not like this...

Quote from a poster after the article on whietsox.com

Let's ask them to get rid of the General Manager......I'm really mad about getting rid of Thome and especially now Dye. You sure don't have ANY common sense... You'd have a great team if you'd leave it alone and let the new guys work in with the veterans....if you don't have fans watching or going to the games, where do you think you're going to get the money to pay the players ???? BRING DYE & THOME BACK....AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING RID OF SCOTTY!! That would be an other dumb idea....

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
I am so glad soxtalk is not like this...

Quote from a poster after the article on whietsox.com

It wouldn't be hard at all to re-acquire all 38 players that saw the field for the Sox in '05. McCarthy would be the only marginally difficult acquisition.

Dye had a damn good career for a 17th round draft pick.

Bill James still projects 30 homers for him next year. Texas will take that. Let's see what production we get out of right field. Hope it can rival Dye's 30 homers and 90 ribbies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
That is question #1 in my mind. Like I have said, if we can bring back Dye or Thome on a one year deal at about half of their previous dollars to DH, I do it. In Dye's case, he could even be a back up in RF for a day or two a week.

We have said over and over and over again there will not be another old, slow, lift and pull, base clogging sighing on the south side for a very long time. Goodbye Dye and Goodbye Thome.

We have said over and over and over again there will not be another old, slow, lift and pull, base clogging sighing on the south side for a very long time. Goodbye Dye and Goodbye Thome.

There won't? Home run hitters have treated us well at the Cell. You don't want to go all speed in the Cell.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)

There will be some big and slow sluggers on this team. If you look at the ballpark, you need some thump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 01:58 AM)
There won't? Home run hitters have treated us well at the Cell. You don't want to go all speed in the Cell.

What I'm saying is that we wont see aging sluggers make their way as starters in our lineup. KW has said before that he sees our team even with a DH position that isn't just a DH, that is someone athletic enough to be rotated around and play the field. And Ozzie doesnt want a team that has the slowest 3-4-5-6 in baseball. That means you will see more like the what the Blue Jays do. Still have power, but never have just an old, low batting average, slow, power guy. Power will come from guys who can also run and play the field, a la the Rios acquisition. Im not saying we are getting Nick Markakis but I think its pretty clear that he is the model of the power type guy the sox want, not the Thome's, Dye's, Guerrero's of the world.