Sox 2010 DH

AWhiteSoxinNJ

Seriously though isn't that the right move? We heed a hopefully LH, Power hitting DH in this lineup to add some more pop. There's like a dozen of them on the market if you count the right-handed guys. There's not going to be a run on them, they're going to be available in late jan/early Feb just like Abreu and Hudson were last year, why not wait a little bit until the contracts for these guys shake out?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
Seriously though isn't that the right move? We heed a hopefully LH, Power hitting DH in this lineup to add some more pop. There's like a dozen of them on the market if you count the right-handed guys. There's not going to be a run on them, they're going to be available in late jan/early Feb just like Abreu and Hudson were last year, why not wait a little bit until the contracts for these guys shake out?

I almost agree unless there is someone out there you are targeting. You never want to be the one who sets the market value too high. Then again, you might miss out getting a guy on the cheap. Honestly, I think KW will see how much guys he wants are going for. Holliday will set the rate and then the dominos will fall. If he doesn't like the pricing, he'll wait to see if there is a guy he likes still available. If not, he'll probably scour the market for an Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)

I agree, I also hope it won't be Thome, but someone else that we can get at a great bargain.

I also wouldn't be opposed to getting someone else to man 1st base and split DH time with Konerko.

First Basemen on the F/A Market(none are Boras agents FWIW)

Rich Aurilia (38)

Jeff Bailey (31)

Wilson Betemit (28)

Hank Blalock (29)

Russell Branyan (34)

Miguel Cairo (36)

Frank Catalanotto (36)

Tony Clark (38)

Carlos Delgado (38) - Type B

Nomar Garciaparra (36)

Ross Gload (34) - $2.6MM club option

Eric Hinske (32)

Nick Johnson (31) - Type B

Adam LaRoche (30) - Type B

Doug Mientkiewicz (36)

Kevin Millar (38)

Fernando Tatis (35) - Type B

Chad Tracy (30)

Daryle Ward (35)

Dmitri Young (36)

Honestly, I think if we get a 2005 Carl Everett like performance out of one of them or whomever our DH is, I'd be fine with it myself.

His 2005 line FWIW: .251 BA., 23 HR, 87 RBI, and .311 OBP (Hopefully it would be higher though)

Edited by whitesox901

Ross Gload (34) - $2.6MM club option

:wub: :wub: :wub: I came.

But seriously let's forget the bulls*** and sign Nick Johnson please. Lets start the balance of the OBP in the right order. Dunn would be fantastic as well, depending on what the Nats want back. Matsui I also wouldn't mind.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
First Basemen on the F/A Market(none are Boras agents FWIW)

Honestly, I think if we get a 2005 Carl Everett like performance out of one of them or whomever our DH is, I'd be fine with it myself.

His 2005 line FWIW: .251 BA., 23 HR, 87 RBI, and .311 OBP (Hopefully it would be higher though)

.251/.311/.435/.745, 94 OPS+ is incredibly mediocre, Mark Teahen should be able to match that with ease. That was actually the 3rd worst OPS+ by a White Sox DH in the team's history. That sort of production out of your DH just doesn't cut it unless the rest of the offense is incredible or you're great at every other facet of the game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
.251/.311/.435/.745, 94 OPS+ is incredibly mediocre, Mark Teahen should be able to match that with ease. That was actually the 3rd worst OPS+ by a White Sox DH in the team's history. That sort of production out of your DH just doesn't cut it unless the rest of the offense is incredible or you're great at every other facet of the game.

I'm an incredibly mediocre hardcore fan :cheers

Don't we need to add somebody like Dunn to excite our fan base? Or will tickets be gobbled up by fans giddy over our strong starting rotation?

If we make no real changes, CQ, Paulie, Rios, Teahen and Gordon better be mashing some home runs, 20 minimum for all of them, hoipefully 30 and up for CQ and Paulie.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
I wouldn't oppose a guy like Hideki Matsui being our DH. The dude is pretty clutch and they could play this song when he comes up to bat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6rDWqjnW7w

I wouldn't mind that, since Matsui is good and that's great batting music.

Then again, Lillibridge had far-and-away the best batting music, so...

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
I wouldn't oppose a guy like Hideki Matsui being our DH. The dude is pretty clutch and they could play this song when he comes up to bat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6rDWqjnW7w

Hell no to Matsui.

Too old, injury prone and he just won the WSMVP. Way too costly and hes not worth it imo.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Hell no to Matsui.

Too old, injury prone and he just won the WSMVP. Way too costly and hes not worth it imo.

I dunno. . with his age, i doubt he'll get much more than 7 million/season. Many expect him to sign on with Seattle, but he would fit in our lineup rather nicely.

I wonder how KW will fill this spot up I'm guessing it will be via trade. .