Nice ESPN article about Chicago sports

DGSOXFan14

I love that the original Heisman Trophy (which wasn't even called the Heisman) resides at the rec center at the University of Chicago, a school more known for Nobel Prizes.

I had to do a double take. That's a bit of trivia I did not know. Great read, thanks for sharing.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
I like the part where his cubs fan wife couldn't identify Paul Konerko during the playoff run in 2005. Shes a female cubs fan living in Lincoln park she probably didnt even know there was another team in the city.

Not only that she couldn't identify him, but she thought she went to college with him at Indiana! :)

I must say, as someone who lived in the city and suburbs my entire life until I moved to Las Vegas 16 months ago, reading pieces like this really makes me realize how much I miss my old home...

Cheers to a great city, the City of Chicago.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
I like the part where his cubs fan wife couldn't identify Paul Konerko during the playoff run in 2005. Shes a female cubs fan living in Lincoln park she probably didnt even know there was another team in the city.

That's easy to understand when the "other team" doesn't have a legacy of losing.