LA

LDF

dare we venture another trade with LA esp with the berry/berry trade soooo engrain in out memory.

Odalis Perez is in the major s***ter and is not the flavor of the month with his players and management. to boot it is affecting his pitching. it appears that some personal prob is affecting his attitude.

is he another clayton in the making or could chg of places can do the job, but then again didn't they say the same thing with clayton.

i main point is i wouldn't mind the possibility of getting him for us. but at what cost and what is the real reason that he is having problems in la.

Although, like Jimenez, he may be on his best behavior initially, and help with the playoff push. It would all depend on the price you would have to pay to get him, but I would not be opposed. If the Sox are going to seriously make a playoff push, the #5 starter really needs to be looked at. Porzio has been alright, but everyone knows its just a matter of time before he gets consistently lit up. :fthecubs :sosasucks

Perez is right up their on my list with Ponson. Either one would be an excellent pick-up and let me say one thing the only reason Dodger management doesn't like Perez is cause Perez has heart.

He isn't afraid to call out the Dodger offense which has played worse then the Sox. He thinks the team wasn't playing their asses off and that pissed him off. The guy is all heart and he pitches his butt off every game. This is a down year for him because he was flat over-worked last year when compared to his previous years.

I brought it up to my dad last year that the Dodgers have royally screwed him and that his ERA would be at least a point higher next year becasue of it.

I just remember that article where people who throw 30% more innings then they ever have are basically destine for a terrible year the next year. I still think he's a very good pitcher though and some really good pitchers were on that list.

If the Dodgers would give him up for some offense like one of our 1st/DH/LF guys then I'd do it in a heartbeat. If they are talking good prospects, it would be harder, but considering how young he is, he's basically a prospect but one that has proved himself so its still worth it. Plus he isn't going to be going anywhere or at least I don't think he is for a while.

Perez is right up their on my list with Ponson.  Either one would be an excellent pick-up and let me say one thing the only reason Dodger management doesn't like Perez is cause Perez has heart.

He isn't afraid to call out the Dodger offense which has played worse then the Sox.  He thinks the team wasn't playing their asses off and that pissed him off.  The guy is all heart and he pitches his butt off every game.  This is a down year for him because he was flat over-worked last year when compared to his previous years.

I brought it up to my dad last year that the Dodgers have royally screwed him and that his ERA would be at least a point higher next year becasue of it.

I just remember that article where people who throw 30% more innings then they ever have are basically destine for a terrible year the next year.  I still think he's a very good pitcher though and some really good pitchers were on that list.

If the Dodgers would give him up for some offense like one of our 1st/DH/LF guys then I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If they are talking good prospects, it would be harder, but considering how young he is, he's basically a prospect but one that has proved himself so its still worth it.  Plus he isn't going to be going anywhere or at least I don't think he is for a while.

heart and calling out the offense uh.............. sounds like jamie navarorro(sp)

now i am more afraid.