ESPN Insider

QUOTE (jimmy @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 01:24 AM)
Anyone have an ESPN insider account?? I always see articles that look good but can't read them. Share the wealth??

If ESPN detects more than a few IP addresses logging in with ESPN insider, they will cancel the account without refund.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
Plus it's a measily 35 bucks for a ton of extra content. A couple of the blogs (Olney for example) really make it worth it.

Or you can just get ESPN The Magazine for cheap (and its a damn fine magazine, by the way), and you get Insider for free.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
Or you can just get ESPN The Magazine for cheap (and its a damn fine magazine, by the way), and you get Insider for free.

I thought it was the same? I always paid the insider fee and got the magazine for free. I dunno, maybe I should check what they charge me every year...

well thanks guys, you just saved me about $35 bucks. I called them up and complained that I'm being charged $39.95 for something i could get for $14.95. They said, hey no problem we'll match. Canceled my current account (with a $9.90 something credit) and then reupped with the new rate.

Kinda shady, but whatever.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
well thanks guys, you just saved me about $35 bucks. I called them up and complained that I'm being charged $39.95 for something i could get for $14.95. They said, hey no problem we'll match. Canceled my current account (with a $9.90 something credit) and then reupped with the new rate.

Kinda shady, but whatever.

Hey, at least you got hooked up.

I must be in the minority here. I can't stand the magazine. Besides the occasional story (once, maybe twice a year), the rest of the magazine is worthless. Why do I care about bmx racing, surfing, x games, the bodies of unattractive women that look like men? I hate "Stu" Scott and the majority of their writers. And just in general the tone of the magazine sucks. It's the same tone they have on E:60 - some sort of pompous arrogance where they think whatever they say is the greatest thing ever written/said (E:60 is worse because of that stupid camera work and the black/white washouts they do inbetween segments).

The only thing worth checking out is their league previews and fantasy coverage.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 09:04 AM)
I must be in the minority here. I can't stand the magazine. Besides the occasional story (once, maybe twice a year), the rest of the magazine is worthless. Why do I care about bmx racing, surfing, x games, the bodies of unattractive women that look like men? I hate "Stu" Scott and the majority of their writers. And just in general the tone of the magazine sucks. It's the same tone they have on E:60 - some sort of pompous arrogance where they think whatever they say is the greatest thing ever written/said (E:60 is worse because of that stupid camera work and the black/white washouts they do inbetween segments).

The only thing worth checking out is their league previews and fantasy coverage.

I agree completely. I got the magazine off old airline miles and keep it now for ESPN Insider, but I usually dont even read it. I dont care what Mike & Mike predict for the season or who Kenny Mayne hangs out with.

Not the biggest fan of SI magazine either, but I think SI.com is the best website for articles/analysis. They might not have as much as espn.com, but its way better, as long as you can get past Peter King's ass licking of Brett Favre.