AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

Um, if San Diego wants CJ as a part of any Gonzalez deal, consider him packed and taken to the airport.
SS2K5, OT. Have you ever been to the East Side? Right where the Indiana Toll Road starts? How far is Michigan City from there? Edited by chisoxfan09

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
SS2K5, OT. Have you ever been to the East Side? Right where the Indiana Toll Road starts? How far is Michigan City from there?

If you switch over to 94 when you run into it at about the 12 mile marker, it is about a 25 minute to half hour drive to City depending on exactly where you are going.

If you switch over to 94 when you run into it at about the 12 mile marker, it is about a 25 minute to half hour drive to City depending on exactly where you are going.

So you could take either Route 41 along the lake or the Skyway to connect to the Dan Ryan right?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
So you could take either Route 41 along the lake or the Skyway to connect to the Dan Ryan right?

Skyway to 94 for sure. That is by far the quickest. If you let me know what you are interested in, I can recommend some stuff here if you like.

Skyway to 94 for sure. That is by far the quickest. If you let me know what you are interested in, I can recommend some stuff here if you like.

I won't be in Chicago until Sep. If you notice by my profile I currently reside in southern Spain. A bit of a commute. :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Would De Aza be a good trade piece to add to any AGon deal?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
If CJ has a good spring and gets off to a great start in either AA/AAA would anyone be in favor of him being a trade chip for Agon? Not sure if the Pads would his skill set or upside.

Is this supposed to be def comedy jam or somethin'?

Just a thought here...

Kila Ka'ahuie has a .344/.447/.656/1.104 line in ST. Royals appear ready to stick with Butler at 1B. Kila would be sent back to AAA. I cannot believe the Sox haven't looked at him - he looks to me like he's in the position TCQ was prior to 2008 (raked in minors, then had a bad AAA year, and is stuck behind someone), and he's a lefty power bat that could be had for cheap.

Would you rather give up Hudson/Flowers/Danks2/Morel for 1.5 or 2 years of Gonzo, or give up only one of those (at most) and get 5 years of Kila for cheap, and still leave money room for some other big acquisition later if Kila ends up a flop?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 07:58 AM)
I wouldn't give up Hudson, D2, or Flowers for him.

That's kind of my point. I personally think that he'd probably just cost you Morel, or maybe not even Morel. Maybe Retherford and Leesman. In any case, I believe he could be had for not a lot.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
That's kind of my point. I personally think that he'd probably just cost you Morel, or maybe not even Morel. Maybe Retherford and Leesman. In any case, I believe he could be had for not a lot.

The question you have to ask your scouts is...why is he stuck in AAA for the Royals. Do the Royals just think he's a career minor leaguer? It's always possible.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 08:06 AM)
The question you have to ask your scouts is...why is he stuck in AAA for the Royals. Do the Royals just think he's a career minor leaguer? It's always possible.

Sure. I'm not saying he's a can't miss - no such thing anyway. Maybe he hit a ceiling. Maybe he had a mechanically off year. Maybe he had nagging injuries like TCQ. Maybe he needs some guidance. Lots of possibilities. But for a cheap-ish trade deal, I'd be willing to take some chances, if the scouts feel he still has the talent he appeared to have previously.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 08:06 AM)

Billy Butler is really good and they are paying Jose Guillen too much money to sit on the bench. I dont know how good of a prospect he is but Id say those are the 2 big reasons for him not to be on the mlb club.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)

I would give up Danks II over Morel any day of the week. Then again I don't see the big value in Danks as it is. Low power, high strike outs, will be 24 in August. :unsure:

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
Just a thought here...

Kila Ka'ahuie has a .344/.447/.656/1.104 line in ST. Royals appear ready to stick with Butler at 1B. Kila would be sent back to AAA. I cannot believe the Sox haven't looked at him - he looks to me like he's in the position TCQ was prior to 2008 (raked in minors, then had a bad AAA year, and is stuck behind someone), and he's a lefty power bat that could be had for cheap.

Would you rather give up Hudson/Flowers/Danks2/Morel for 1.5 or 2 years of Gonzo, or give up only one of those (at most) and get 5 years of Kila for cheap, and still leave money room for some other big acquisition later if Kila ends up a flop?

Years of Harrelson mispronouncing his name.