AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
That really means next to nothing.
My point wasnt actually all that sweeping. That as things stand, he would play. It'd be him versus Kotsay for an OF spot, and even at that there'd be a DH role open.

It actually matters since if you are forced to take Matthews, you have little room left to spend on those two lineup spots. JorDanks or Pods maybe if you can afford him

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
I dont consider it much of a story at this point. The fact that teams have talked about a deal is a long way from anything happening.

That alone most certainly makes it a story, in the offseason especially. You just have to understand what this is, and is not - its not an imminent trade, as stated.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
B&B ridicule message boards and then of course unknowingly share info from message boards all the time.

Except for that one aging old man mystery source Boers has with the Bulls, I dont know that anyone of consequence talks to these two guys.

But they are still entertaining.

As someone who once interned at the Score, all the hosts (and many of the producers) have sources, most good. trust me.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
I just turned on the Score and they are doing Bears stuff. Dropped them an e-mail with the story.

I don't understand this on two levels.

First, why would you alert them to a rumor? If the story is credible I'm sure that they would've already heard about it.

Secondly, and more importantly, who the hell cares what those two morons think of this?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
FWIW, A person that I know that is in the Padres organization has also told me that the trade is being discussed. He told me the Padres want Hudson in any deal for Adrian.

As far as I would be concerned, not an issue at all.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
As far as I would be concerned, not an issue at all.

Yeah, even the guys who don't like giving up young players (i.e. me) would do it with Hudson as a starting point. It's giving up all of our top 4-5 guys that would trouble me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Yeah, even the guys who don't like giving up young players (i.e. me) would do it with Hudson as a starting point. It's giving up all of our top 4-5 guys that would trouble me.

If I'm KW, I have no issues giving them any of our prospects. The only guy I'd REALLY want to keep is Flowers, but anyone other than that can go. Thing is, I also don't see them dealing Danks2, so that might become an issue, but who knows. If they wanted Flowers, I'd still pull the trigger depending on who else was involved. You have the opportunity of adding a premier LH bat with a ton of power and great defense who is in his prime and cheaper than dirt for 2 years.