White Sox minor league free agents...

JPN366

Sox:

RHP: Dylan Axelrod (Hi A), Fernando Hernandez (AAA), Kelvin Jimenez (AAA), John Van Benschoten (AAA), Ehren Wassermann (AAA)

C: Justin Knoedler (AAA)

SS: Eider Torres (AAA)

OF: David Cook (AA), Josh Kroeger (AAA), Michael Restovich (AAA)

Any worth trying to keep around? Have to balance your desire to keep the stable full, with getting in the way of stronger prospects. That said, I'd try to re-sign:

F Hernandez

Wassermann

Cook

Kroeger

Restovich

If they are willing. But they may go elsewhere, where they'd have more of a shot at making the major league roster.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
A lot of junk with these free agents, no one that seems on the cusp of being ready.

I still think Kroeger might be, and Wassermann already has been previously. Cook maybe too. The rest, well, yeah. There is a reason these guys are minor league free agents. But there are occasionally some hidden gems in there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
Unless there is a 5-1 type trade, these are guys that are all expendable, as we try to move guys up through the lower levels of our system. None of those guys is ever going to contribute to the CHICAGO White Sox.

Well that's just not the case. Every team in baseball has guys in AAA at various positions who aren't high ceiling, but have some major league experience or have put up big AAA/AA numbers before, essentially just to back up the 25 man roster (for injuries, etc.). And those guys often do contribute to the major league team. Occasionally, they even blossom into more than filler.

Ryan Harvey, Callix Crabbe. One was a bust of a first rounder and the other, a solid minor leaguer.. but I would look into them though if I were the sox. Harvey sucks in discipline, but his power is still very real. I can't believe hes only 25. Some interesting pitchers as well. Clint Everts.. :lol: If only his control was as good as his stuff....