Sandy Alomar Jr- Hired by Indians

jasonxctf

CLEVELAND – Sandy Alomar Jr.'s baseball career has brought him back home.

The Indians' popular former All-Star catcher has been hired by new Cleveland manager Manny Acta as the team's first-base coach. Alomar had spent the past two seasons as a catching instructor for the New York Mets. He will also mentor Cleveland's catchers.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Alomar has a great nose for the game. Good luck to him. As long as that luck doesn't beat the White Sox.

I was just comparing alomar's nose to other players noses around the league. I would have given the edge to a bunch of others first, truth be told.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
I was just comparing alomar's nose to other players noses around the league. I would have given the edge to a bunch of others first, truth be told.

Fangraphs has nothing measurable on this subject. I suspect that's the biggest failing of the sabermetric world.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Fangraphs has nothing measurable on this subject. I suspect that's the biggest failing of the sabermetric world.

No nose news is good nose news. :huh

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Alomar has a great nose for the game. Good luck to him. As long as that luck doesn't beat the White Sox.

Well, with my luck, whenever I go to a Sox-Indian's game something bad will happen now. Last time I was at a game where Alomar played, he fouled a ball off me, and a fat lady stole it.

Robbing an 11 year old of a baseball = Not cool, not cool at all. But then I got Miguel Olivo to sign my hat, so it worked out.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 02:12 AM)
Well, with my luck, whenever I go to a Sox-Indian's game something bad will happen now. Last time I was at a game where Alomar played, he fouled a ball off me, and a fat lady stole it.

Robbing an 11 year old of a baseball = Not cool, not cool at all. But then I got Miguel Olivo to sign my hat, so it worked out.

I would've clocked that fat b****.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
The security almost did, because I was crying (I mean, seriously, snatching balls from little kids?) and they came to see if the foul ball hurt me.

Two hands youngin'; make the catch

I remember there was a fair amount of threads here where we predicted he will make an excellent coach/manager. Best of luck to Sandy.