If you're an NFL GM, what round would you pick Lebron?

I'm saying first or second. I love how all the football guys are saying he couldn't take the beating of the NFL. Give me a break. Saying that a 6'8 260 pound guy like Lebron couldn't take it but Devin Hester can is a joke. He may be the most athletic man on the planet so I think he'd do alright if he had gone to football. He was an All state wide receiver in high school as a sophomore before he focused on basketball.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
There's much more to WR than just being athletic.

True, but I think his abilities transfer over pretty well. I don't think he could walk right onto the field and be a star but had he decided to go with football I think he would be a Pro Bowl WR or TE.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
That's a pretty odd question to ask. Considering he's never played any kind of meaningful football to my knowledge...

He made some comments recently about how he would've been an NFL star if he went that route. I think he was asked if he could help the Browns. He played 1 or 2 years in high school I guess.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
He made some comments recently about how he would've been an NFL star if he went that route. I think he was asked if he could help the Browns. He played 1 or 2 years in high school I guess.

Yea I believe he was an all state/city WR in high school. He's bulked up more since then, and his athleticism is just too ridiculous to not see it translate. A 6'8 270 (which many say he's really listed) pound man can handle the NFL. The question would be.. can he catch the damn ball consistently as a WR/TE. (and even block, though he's a pretty physical dude) If he really put in the time, I think he could actually be pretty good (though I highly doubt if he will ever be the star, or even the best at his position, like he is in basketball) On some of the terrible teams though.. he would probably be their (or one of) best player(s).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
True, but Lebron James physically/athletically seems to be the exception to the rule as well

I agree, but there have been more than a few basketball players that have attempted to cross over into the NFL and have been unsuccessful. Personally I think LeBron could do it if he went all out for it. It would be crazy to see someone like Ray Lewis light him up though, LeBron wouldnt be dancing around feeling proud of himself nearly as much as he does now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
I don't know what basketball-related abilities help you when getting pummeled by 275lb linebackers flying at you.

Body control, coordination, explosiveness, leaping ability, being almost the same size if not bigger than some NFL LB's helps as well.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
Yea I believe he was an all state/city WR in high school. He's bulked up more since then, and his athleticism is just too ridiculous to not see it translate. A 6'8 270 (which many say he's really listed) pound man can handle the NFL. The question would be.. can he catch the damn ball consistently as a WR/TE. (and even block, though he's a pretty physical dude) If he really put in the time, I think he could actually be pretty good (though I highly doubt if he will ever be the star, or even the best at his position, like he is in basketball) On some of the terrible teams though.. he would probably be their (or one of) best player(s).

And for those who dont think being All-State is that big of a deal, it was in Ohio which is one of the richest states in the country in terms of football talent, that is no small feat at all.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
My guess is that if he had gone on to football they would have changed him to a LB/DE at OSU.

And he wasnt just all-state, he was 1st team all state as a sophomore.

Definitely a DE at OSU, they love the tall lean guys that can fill out and run.