Hideki Matsui

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Ran across a tweet that we are interested in Juan Pierre.

The dodgers are shopping him. I wouldn't mind Pierre if the Dodgers pay most of his salary which could happen if they get something decent in return.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
You cannot have an outfield with Matsui/Rios/Quentin. Rios is a good defender, but he's not that good... Hell, I don't think there's a center fielder alive that can cover that much ground.

If we don't get some more offense it won't matter what our outfield defense is like. Though I agree Matsui can't play the outfield. The fact that we won't get him just to play offense frustates the hell outta me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I think Ozzie needs to get over this 'I want my DH to be able to play the field" crap. I mean players for the most part that are DH's are DH's for a reason. I don't care if my DH can't play the field. I want my DH to mash.

werd my brotha! Carl Everett and Big Frank never saw the field in 2005 and that seemed to work out fine.

I think Ozzie needs to get over this 'I want my DH to be able to play the field' crap. I mean players for the most part that are DH's are DH's for a reason. I don't care if my DH can't play the field. I want my DH to mash.

+1

I think Ozzie needs to get over this 'I want my DH to be able to play the field' crap. I mean players for the most part that are DH's are DH's for a reason. I don't care if my DH can't play the field. I want my DH to mash.

What are you talking about? Outside of Everett's 22 games in 2005, when was the last time we had a DH who played in the field?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
What are you talking about? Outside of Everett's 22 games in 2005, when was the last time we had a DH who played in the field?

Did you read his comment right?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
You cannot have an outfield with Matsui/Rios/Quentin. Rios is a good defender, but he's not that good... Hell, I don't think there's a center fielder alive that can cover that much ground.

Yeah, that would be much worse than what we played with the last 2 years Quentin, (XXXXX), Dye.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
Did you read his comment right?

I think so, he said he didn't care if the DH plays in the field, but we haven't had a DH who played the field for about as long as I can remember so I'm not sure what Ozzie needs to get over.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
I think so, he said he didn't care if the DH plays in the field, but we haven't had a DH who played the field for about as long as I can remember so I'm not sure what Ozzie needs to get over.

Oh, since you quoted J4L, I thought you were saying that to him.

Especially if they are going to make the DH guys like Kotsay and Jones rotating. You aren't going to win short a bat in the AL.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 02:02 AM)
Especially if they are going to make the DH guys like Kotsay and Jones rotating. You aren't going to win short a bat in the AL.

I still believe that I wish we didn't bring Kotsay back, as there's no doubt he'll get too many at bats next season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
I still believe that I wish we didn't bring Kotsay back, as there's no doubt he'll get too many at bats next season.

I hope he had too many beers, but I read an Ozzie quote where he said Vizquel may even DH AND lead off occassionally. 1995 called and said "Good idea".

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 01:35 AM)
I hope he had too many beers, but I read an Ozzie quote where he said Vizquel may even DH AND lead off occassionally. 1995 called and said "Good idea".

Well, he also wants Beckham to bat 6th or 7th. It's too early to freak out about everything he says, I guess.

It's all in his wording I suppose. When he mentioned Vizquel leading off and playing DH he qualified the statement with something along the lines of "if we don't have a leadoff man or true DH'. If Kenny fills these holes -- I don't really think Kenny cares what Ozzie wants when he's working on potential acquisitions -- Ozzie will have no reason to threaten us with these terrifying scenarios.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
It's all in his wording I suppose. When he mentioned Vizquel leading off and playing DH he qualified the statement with something along the lines of "if we don't have a leadoff man or true DH'. If Kenny fills these holes -- I don't really think Kenny cares what Ozzie wants when he's working on potential acquisitions -- Ozzie will have no reason to threaten us with these terrifying scenarios.

Supposedly they have interest in Pierre.