What instrument do you play?

Texsox

I played the trumpet from fourth grade through 5th year senior year in college. I pick it up once a year for a band reunion at a Loyola Basketball game. It is amazing how it comes back to you, but why are the notes written so small! The chops wear out about halftime, then i just try to not sound like a 4th grader.

It is amazing, I played almost every day of my life for 14 years and then nothing.....but man, i do miss playing!

Edited by Heartattack19

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 posts and not one mention of Skin Flute? Disappointed...!

Played clarinet for 1 looooong year. Tried drums but hard to practice when you live in an apartment...not to mention lack of space for a set. Tried harmonica for a bit, but once I saw Bruce Willis playing it as Bruno, well.... Would love to pick up the bass. I'm a rhythm section kinda guy. Or Jews Harp.

Bass, Guitar, Keyboard

my main rig is a Ernie Ball music man sterling(4string) ampeg svt4pro head and matching 8x10 cab a maxed out rack as well. for recording its david eden wtc800 head and 4x10 matching cab.

my touring days are behind me though at the ripe age of 24.

Guitar:

'74 Hagstrom Viking

'67 Hagstrom 1

'88 Alavarez Yairi 12 string

'04 Epiphone Zephyr Blues Deluxe

'84 Ibanez DT-350

Hondo Les Paul Jr. copy, year unknown and re-built

Running througn a Marshall Plexi re-issue, driven by nothing more than a RAT pedal. Pure simplicity.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Yeah, the theramin is totally old-school, Sci-fi sound effect brilliance. It's also the source of the "ooohhh wheeeh oooohh oooooh weee" outro riff on the Beach Boys Good Vibrations.

Ya ever hear of Lothar and the Hand People? They put out I think only one album back in probably 1968. Anyway it was a really good album and they used the theramin quite a bit.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
Ya ever hear of Lothar and the Hand People? They put out I think only one album back in probably 1968. Anyway it was a really good album and they used the theramin quite a bit.

Yeah, My Guitar God friend that I used to gig with raved about them (but he smoked a lot of weed in the old days) and played me some songs (yes he actually owns them on vinyl!). Wild stuff.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)

Must you bring that up in every conversation? :lol:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Yeah, My Guitar God friend that I used to gig with raved about them (but he smoked a lot of weed in the old days) and played me some songs (yes he actually owns them on vinyl!). Wild stuff.

Tsk. Here I thought I was the only guy that bought that album.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)

The only Lothar I know is this guy...