FA Relievers that interest you the most...

DGSOXFan14

I thought this deserved its own topic so I went ahead to start it. I have heard some interest around here for Chad Cordero and Justin Duscherer as well as some others, my guy I hope we target is Rafael Betancourt. He knows this division and had good stuff, he was not re-signed by the Rockies, which kind of surprised me since he was a key addition in their run to the playoffs. I hope we have somewhat of an interest in him. Discuss whomever you wish to make a realistic case for, to sure up this bullpen. I look forward to reading your guys' suggestions and input.

Come this time every year, I'm boiling on the hot stove!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
So Octavio Dotel is a free agent, correct? Do we want him back at all?

yeah he's a FA, and I don't think we really want him back. We have young RHP who can step in and we're not going to be offering him arbitration and guaranteeing him $6 million next season.

We really need an additional LHP reliever.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Rafael Betencourt is one of the most frustrating pitchers to watch, ever.

EVERY relief pitcher, sans Rivera, can be frustrating. Betancourt is a good one, and would be a nice addition.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
EVERY relief pitcher, sans Rivera, can be frustrating. Betancourt is a good one, and would be a nice addition.

Frustrating and hard to predict.

We won the WS with freaking Cliff Pollite and Neal Cotts as our main L/R set-up guys with ERAs of 2.00 & under. Cliff was out of baseball in a year and Cotts has never had another season with an ERA of under 4. Half of the time finding relievers can be just based on good or bad luck

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)

I was specifically referring to watching him pitch, regardless of success rate. Have you seen him pitch? He's like an OCD buffet out there, and takes forever to deliver a pitch.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
I was specifically referring to watching him pitch, regardless of success rate. Have you seen him pitch? He's like an OCD buffet out there, and takes forever to deliver a pitch.

He's the Venezuelan Steve Strachsel.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)

Watched him a ton with the Rockies this year. He'd be a nice addition. He had one bad year, '08, which is fresh in everybody's mind, but otherwise his career #'s are pretty darn good. He'd be a nice addition, but it's a matter of cost vs. what else we need. The more glaring need is for a lefty reliever.