Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
4.01 ERA in 204 innings last year. I'd say that's pretty good.

Also in the NL, one less batter per 9.

I dunno, I always thought he should of been better than he was, maybe thats why I am down on him

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
Is Bedard hurt? I'm surprised he still hasn't signed anywhere. I know he is a head case, but still. The Cardinals could use one more starter.

Didn't they just sign Rich Hill as their 5th starter?

Edited by Leonard Zelig

Our old friend Orlando Cabrera to the Reds.

m_sheldon

Confirmed: #reds agree with Orlando Cabrera...one yr/$3 M w/ $3 M option for 2011 w/$1 M buyout (not sure if it's club or player option)

TBrownYahoo

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/8438885824

Cabrera agrees to 1-year deal with Reds. 3 mil. Second-year option for another 3 mil.

Supposedly Jonny Gomes is close to signing a minor league deal with the Reds.

Jonny Gomes and the Reds are close to agreeing to a deal, according to ESPN. Yesterday, GM Walt Jocketty confirmed that the club offered a minor league deal to the 29-year-old outfielder. Gomes proved to be one of the best minor league signings of 2009, hitting .267/.338/.541 with 20 HRs in 98 games.
Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
Our old friend Orlando Cabrera to the Reds.

m_sheldon

TBrownYahoo

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/8438885824

Supposedly Jonny Gomes is close to signing a minor league deal with the Reds.

The Rockies were quoted to have interest in OC...was that in a bench role?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
I think Barmes has resurrected his career there playing 2b....

eh, he hit 23 homers last year and had 58 XBHs, so he definitely hit for power, but .245/.294/.440/.734 and .205/.259/.394/.653 in the 2nd half doesn't bode well for him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
had to be that or second base, he wasnt going to take over for Tulo

Cabrera was most definitely going to take over the starting 2B duties if he signed with Colorado with Barmes (who as Wite pointed out; was mediocre last season even with all that pop) moving to a utility role. Of course Cabrera chose the Reds because they offered him their starting SS job.

So the A's traded Aaron Miles to the Reds for Adam Rosales and Willy Tavares

I have to believe that Damon is now completely out of the A's picture given that they already have a crowded OF and are still negotiating with Gabe Gross

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
So the A's traded Aaron Miles to the Reds for Adam Rosales and Willy Tavares

I have to believe that Damon is now completely out of the A's picture given that they already have a crowded OF and are still negotiating with Gabe Gross

So who is even still in the chase for Damon? Detroit?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
So who is even still in the chase for Damon? Detroit?

And possibly Atlanta.

Someone made a good post in the Damon thread, saying maybe ultimately he'll hold off signing until more demand is created in-season by injuries, noted weaknesses, etc.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Sign Mark Mulder and an innings eater of a #4, and i'll be about ready to concede them the division.

Obviously Lee and Felix is a dynamite 1-2, and then they can mix and match Snell, Rowland-Smith, Fister, and a couple others into putting together a respectable rotation. One more starter would be really nice for them.

I've also really only seen Mulder connected to the Brewers this offseason, so I have to imagine he ends up there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Obviously Lee and Felix is a dynamite 1-2, and then they can mix and match Snell, Rowland-Smith, Fister, and a couple others into putting together a respectable rotation. One more starter would be really nice for them.

I've also really only seen Mulder connected to the Brewers this offseason, so I have to imagine he ends up there.

I thought Garland wouldve been great for the Mariners, someone who you can count on putting in alot of innings (even if they are very mediocre) just to have some stability behind the big 2.

His landing with the Padres should help him though in that huge ballpark.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
I thought Garland wouldve been great for the Mariners, someone who you can count on putting in alot of innings (even if they are very mediocre) just to have some stability behind the big 2.

It's also very possible that their plan is to just go in with Snell, Rowland-Smith, and Fister in the rotation. Not that I agree with it, but it's a definite possibility, and it has the potential to still be a pretty damn good rotation.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)

I like that idea a lot. Garland would have been great in that ballpark and with that defense behind him.