Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels Reach Agreement With Fernando Rodney

By Tim Dierkes [December 23 at 2:57pm CST]

2:57pm: The Angels have agreed to terms with Fernando Rodney, according to ESPNDeportes.com's Enrique Rojas (Jorge Arangure of ESPN passes on the translated news via Twitter). Rodney will sign a two-year deal worth $11MM.

Wow the Tigers are losing good players left and right... I guess that's good for us.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)

2:57pm: The Angels have agreed to terms with Fernando Rodney, according to ESPNDeportes.com's Enrique Rojas (Jorge Arangure of ESPN passes on the translated news via Twitter). Rodney will sign a two-year deal worth $11MM.

Wow the Tigers are losing good players left and right... I guess that's good for us.

Tigers have major financial trouble.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Dotel is getting a 3 million offer from the Pirates...I now kinda feel we could have matched that and had four good arms in the pen (Dotel, Thornton, Putz, Bobby)

Our pen right now is pretty damn good. Dotel would have gotten far more than that in arbitration, and since we didn't offer, it might be tough to get him to come back anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
Our pen right now is pretty damn good. Dotel would have gotten far more than that in arbitration, and since we didn't offer, it might be tough to get him to come back anyway.

Tough = it's against the rules for him to sign with us now.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)

Detroit is bleeding cash. They are in huge trouble.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Detroit is bleeding cash. They are in huge trouble.

The Reds will be in the same situation next year unfortunately (hence the Joey Votto, etc.. rumors). It is gonna happen quite a bit of teams actually unless something (whether that is the economy or whatever) drastically changes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
Tough = it's against the rules for him to sign with us now.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
I thought they changed that but I could be wrong.

They did change the rule. Under the current CBA teams are free to negotiate with their free agents through the entire offseason even if they either did not offer arbitration or offered and had it declined. The Sox could still bring back Dotel, Podsednik or Dye without breaking any rules.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Kelvim Escobar signs with the Mets, 1 year $1.25mil($2mil with incentives)

Bobby Howry signs with the Diamondbacks, 1 year $2-3mil, team option for 2011

Eddie Guardado signs with the Nationals, minor league deal with invite to Spring Training

Howry ought to have fun rotting in AZ.