Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
I wouldn't hesitate to give him 4/$30M

Then you're just giving Boras what he wants.

Beltre shouldn't get more than $20 million for 3 years with the year he just came off of.

Obviously I'm not going to throw out an initial offer of 4/$30M but if I'm running a team that's in need of a 3B, have the money available and that's what the market dictates then yeah, I'd be willing to shell out $30M for Adrian Beltre and feel comfortable with it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
Brad Penny signed a 1 year, $7.5M deal with the Cardinals.

Really? $7.5 million? What he did in San Francisco did not justify $7.5 million. I understand it's only a one year commitment, but that seems a bit much.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
Really? $7.5 million? What he did in San Francisco did not justify $7.5 million. I understand it's only a one year commitment, but that seems a bit much.

Yep, it looks pretty bad. 41.2 decent IP, a healthy season of play and good velocity got him $7.5M guaranteed, crazy. It looks like Randy Wolf is going to get 3 years from the Brewers, so like always teams are willing to fork over big money to starting pitching and when the free agent class is as weak as it is this year there's going to be some bad money handed out.

Players offered arbitration and their decisions:

ACCEPTED

Rafael Betancourt

Rafael Soriano. That's huge, that Atlanta bullpen just got significantly stronger and significantly more expensive. There almost has to be a trade made here.

Carl Pavano

Declined

Brandon Lyon

Jose Valverde

Adrian Beltre

Mike Gonzalez

Joel Piniero

Matt Holliday

Fernando Rodney

Brian Shouse

Marlon Byrd

Rod Barajas

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Players offered arbitration and their decisions:

ACCEPTED

Rafael Betancourt

Rafael Soriano. That's huge, that Atlanta bullpen just got significantly stronger and significantly more expensive. There almost has to be a trade made here.

Carl Pavano

Declined

Brandon Lyon

Jose Valverde

Adrian Beltre

Mike Gonzalez

Joel Piniero

Matt Holliday

Fernando Rodney

Brian Shouse

Marlon Byrd

Rod Barajas

What do you guys think about picking up Brandon Lyon?

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Thats what I thought when he signed with a then 49-113 Tigers team, and VOILA!! they were in the WS 2 yrs later!!

He was also a serviceable player back then. Now he is just baggage, especially as he offers little as a backup.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
He was also a serviceable player back then. Now he is just baggage, especially as he offers little as a backup.

Maybe the Nats can record tapes of him (since he probably won't be ready in 3 years) when Bryce Harper (who they will probably pick) is ready to emerge to learn a thing or two? I don't know.

Edited by SoxAce