Shopping Info ~ Where are the deals?

Texsox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Bought a 50 inch, 1080P, Plasma TV today. Will be mounted in the family room of my new place and should look awesome!!!

Nice! What did you get?

Jason, not sure if you got a mount yet, but check out the seller digital_design_solutions on ebay.

I bought one a few months ago for less than $100 shipped and used it to mount my tv and it is wonderful. Every bit as good as those they sell at Best Buy for $300-500.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Nice! What did you get?

Jason, not sure if you got a mount yet, but check out the seller digital_design_solutions on ebay.

I bought one a few months ago for less than $100 shipped and used it to mount my tv and it is wonderful. Every bit as good as those they sell at Best Buy for $300-500.

I'll take a look at that. I got a Samsung 1080P, Plasma, 50 inches, etc. CNet had it rated as one of the best TV's of the year and all of the feedback I saw on Amazon was exceptional as well. I bought a stand for 40 bucks on Amazon but am debating whether I'm going to go with that mount or the one you mentioned above.

The stand I got doesn't tilt but is a low profile stand and given where I'm going to put it at my new place, I want to have it pertrude as little as possible from the wall since the TV will be in a place that people walk by. I already have my plan of running wires and having all of my equipment hidden in a closet a few feet away from the TV. My debate though is ultimately whether the tv will look good without a tilting stand. If it doesn't, than I'm going with the tilting stand and I'll have the TV stick out a bit more (the plasma itself is under 3 inches thick, which is freaking crazy in my mind, even though Samsung also has those LED tv's that are like 1.5 inches thick.

Pretty excited to check it out. The other TV I have is still super nice but the best way for the TV to work in my family room at the new place was to go with the plasma because by doing so we were able to use much more of the wall space and put the TV in an excellent spot (where no stand, etc is needed) and it also won't be subject to much glare.

My old DLP Samsung will stay in the bedroom (52 inch) and I still love the TV (~3 years old now).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
I'll take a look at that. I got a Samsung 1080P, Plasma, 50 inches, etc. CNet had it rated as one of the best TV's of the year and all of the feedback I saw on Amazon was exceptional as well. I bought a stand for 40 bucks on Amazon but am debating whether I'm going to go with that mount or the one you mentioned above.

The stand I got doesn't tilt but is a low profile stand and given where I'm going to put it at my new place, I want to have it pertrude as little as possible from the wall since the TV will be in a place that people walk by. I already have my plan of running wires and having all of my equipment hidden in a closet a few feet away from the TV. My debate though is ultimately whether the tv will look good without a tilting stand. If it doesn't, than I'm going with the tilting stand and I'll have the TV stick out a bit more (the plasma itself is under 3 inches thick, which is freaking crazy in my mind, even though Samsung also has those LED tv's that are like 1.5 inches thick.

Pretty excited to check it out. The other TV I have is still super nice but the best way for the TV to work in my family room at the new place was to go with the plasma because by doing so we were able to use much more of the wall space and put the TV in an excellent spot (where no stand, etc is needed) and it also won't be subject to much glare.

My old DLP Samsung will stay in the bedroom (52 inch) and I still love the TV (~3 years old now).

I bought an articulating stand - one that can come away from the wall and be turned so as to create different viewing angles in the room - and I love it. But with a 50 inch, you're not going to want it hanging off an arm a foot or more from your wall. Just get a nice, sturdy one with a low-profile or close profile or whatever they call it. With a tv that big, you don't need to be moving it around much.

Enjoy it, Jason. Samsungs are great tv's.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
I got some nice stuff at express, but mostly my first black Friday was a waste of a day, and totally effed my sleep schedule.

This is exactly how I feel. I came away with absolutely nothing. I almost bought myself a few things that I didn't really need just to get something, but decided I didn't need to spend the money. I think the deals this year were very subpar.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
This is exactly how I feel. I came away with absolutely nothing. I almost bought myself a few things that I didn't really need just to get something, but decided I didn't need to spend the money. I think the deals this year were very subpar.

Online shopping is the way to go now. Just as cheap if not cheaper, no lines, no waking up at 2:30 am, alot of times no tax, free shipping is standard now.