Mark Teahen is a quality human being

Heads22

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_...ch_award_teahen

Mark Teahen wins 2009 Hutch Award

1 hr 18 mins ago

SEATTLE – Mark Teahen of the Chicago White Sox has won the 2009 Hutch Award for his efforts on and off the field.

The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle made the announcement Monday. The award goes to a player who best exemplifies the honor, courage and dedication of former major league pitcher and manager Fred Hutchinson, who died from cancer in 1964 at age 45.

Teahen was traded this month from the Kansas City Royals to Chicago. The infielder-outfielder will receive his award Jan. 27 in Seattle.

While in Kansas City, Teahen was a spokesman and fundraiser for a program that gave children with physical or mental challenges the chance to play baseball.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
I think we're going to like Teahen. He's (from all i hear) a really down to earth guy, very charitable, who likes to set up roots in the community. He's kind of a non-spazzy Nick Swisher.

I really don't give a rats a** how good he is in the community. I want him to be good on the baseball field. WINNING ANOTHER WORLD SERIES would be excellent for the community! As long as he isn't like curt schilling or david wells - a jagbag of epic proportions - I don't care.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

OK, I listened to it. They don't start talking White Sox until minute 13.

First off, he's a very laid back guy. Dry sense of humor (like Robin Ventura).

Wants number 24.

I don't think he's got his mind on the White Sox quite yet...and that's ok. The Royals are all he's known, so I'm sure once he shows up to Glendale or maybe Soxfest that it will start to set in.

Had some things to say about AJ...typical you hate him as an opponent, but love him as a teammate.

Overall, it's a good listen, and he seems like a quality guy and a good interview.

Now, if he can hit .275, hit 20 homers, and knock in 80 while playing an above average 3B.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
And he goes to Church every Sunday unless there is a game on :lol: :pray

Pretty much the entire Royals' clubhouse is very religious FYI. In fact, I believe Grienke, Mark Grenzailinefchdjvdk, Gload etc.. all love (or loved) it there because of it.