Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Yeah, I really like Justified

Loved the pilot, if Lost hadn't run 6 minutes long I would have caught the 2nd episode. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this series takes off in the next few months. It has incredible potential.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Loved the pilot, if Lost hadn't run 6 minutes long I would have caught the 2nd episode. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this series takes off in the next few months. It has incredible potential.

Agreed, I think they are really laying the groundwork for some good story lines with these early episodes.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Agreed, I think they are really laying the groundwork for some good story lines with these early episodes.

I feel like they are setting up something big with Walton Goggins character later in the season. His whole speech in the hospital bed made me think that something big will happen with him down the road

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)

Just watched the first one tonight and have the new one on my DVR. Really enjoyed the first one, it will be interesting to see how they handle the series, meaning is it going to be storyline driven or have a lot of stand alone episodes with the big storylines kind of interweaving. Like for the X-Files I preferred the stand alone episodes and actually was never really drawn into the hovering storylines of the series.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Just watched the first one tonight and have the new one on my DVR. Really enjoyed the first one, it will be interesting to see how they handle the series, meaning is it going to be storyline driven or have a lot of stand alone episodes with the big storylines kind of interweaving. Like for the X-Files I preferred the stand alone episodes and actually was never really drawn into the hovering storylines of the series.

I was thinking the same thing. I usually get more into series that are storyline driven, so I am hoping that is what they do with this. If any of you guys used to watch the Shield, it kind of started out the same way, with a bunch of seemingly stand alone episodes after the first one. Then it became very storyline driven through each season, and everything was still tied to the 1st episode

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
Russell still the king of Survivor. Boston Rob's smile went away pretty fast.

He is just plain brilliant. That may have been the best move I have seen on Survivor. I wonder what he is going to have to do next week to stay alive

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
He is just plain brilliant. That may have been the best move I have seen on Survivor. I wonder what he is going to have to do next week to stay alive

I think his move may win over Coach and they may not be able to get Rob out next, but at least that b*tch Sandra, who I don't even remember.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Sheldon is my favorite character on any sitcom right now.

I've never seen whatever show Sheldon is in, but Phil Dunphy is quickly approaching Andy Bernard for me

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
I think his move may win over Coach and they may not be able to get Rob out next, but at least that b*tch Sandra, who I don't even remember.

She won on the same season Rupert was on. I liked his little speech to coach before the vote as well to try to sway his vote in the case of a tie.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)

That was the best chess match I've ever seen. Tyson is a complete idiot, which helped Russell, but just the fact that Russell was basically inside Rob's mind was terrific. This is awesome. I was cheering.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)
That was the best chess match I've ever seen. Tyson is a complete idiot, which helped Russell, but just the fact that Russell was basically inside Rob's mind was terrific. This is awesome. I was cheering.

Not only that, but he just seems to be able to pick out the people that he can get to turn, and they always do. He specifically took Tyson aside to say that he was voting for Parvarti, and it worked perfectly. It was bold move giving her the idol as well. I love seeing everyone's face when that vote comes up, and they realize that they have been blindsided by Russell.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 03:08 AM)
The more I watch that show, the more I hate Steve Carell's character.

The more I see anything (including just commercials) with Steve Carell, the more I hate Steve Carell.

As soon as he went outside and turned into "Date Mike", I knew the episode was about to go way downhill.