Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 5, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
Your loss.

Yes, I clearly lost out on the half-season missed before it got canceled for being a bad show that no one liked. There is so much good television these days that I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over seeing a show like that that will never have a resolution.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people bashing LOST the last page or so, have you ever watched the show from the pilot forward? If so how far did you make it before you quit?

And yes Flashforward has been phenomenal since it came back from break.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 5, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
For all the people bashing LOST the last page or so, have you ever watched the show from the pilot forward? If so how far did you make it before you quit?

And yes Flashforward has been phenomenal since it came back from break.

I watched Lost every episode since pilot to now, and I've just been more entertained the last few months from watching FF.

I enjoy both lost and FF and it will be a shame if FF gets cancelled, just like it was a shame that Jericho got cancelled. I've watched lost since pretty much the beginning (around episode #7...I have no seen all of them, but last nights, which is on the DVR) and at the time I loved Jericho even more than Lost.

That 3 month hiatus killed "Flash Forward" and "V".

I heard they did it to FF to "reboot" it or something to that effect. Not sure what some people see in it but the characters suck and just seems like a cluster. I just want to see how the season ends.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)

I watched the first half of the first season and didn't like it, so I stopped.

Danny proving he sucks again at challenges. I'd say "Stop going on the show." but would like to see him try and avenge Wes' betrayal. Kenny is just a beast.

His partner did suck though.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Danny proving he sucks again at challenges. I'd say "Stop going on the show." but would like to see him try and avenge Wes' betrayal. Kenny is just a beast.

His partner did suck though.

His partner did suck, but he just needs to go away forever anyway. I am enjoying this season, especially the way Kenny started as underdog and is just f***ing everyone up right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Sooooo much paranoia on Survivor. Double elimination and both Rupert and Colby make it through without winning immunity. Russell over thinking.

Agreed, he is screwing himself over this season. He was actually thinking right again by needing to split up Danielle and Parvarti, but he made that move a little bit too soon. He needed to get rid of one of the heroes first. Jerri looks to be the swing vote again next week, so we'll see how that plays out. And I'm curious to see how Sandra finding the idol will play out as well.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
Finally watched How I Met Your Mother from Monday. Barney was great, but everyone else sucked. The show is really starting to drag. There have maybe been 1/3 good episodes this season and the rest are bad.

I kind of agree. But I like the show so much that I enjoy the bad episodes as well. ha

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Agreed, he is screwing himself over this season. He was actually thinking right again by needing to split up Danielle and Parvarti, but he made that move a little bit too soon. He needed to get rid of one of the heroes first. Jerri looks to be the swing vote again next week, so we'll see how that plays out. And I'm curious to see how Sandra finding the idol will play out as well.

Russell... I don't know what you're thinking, man. That was way too public and now he's enemies with Parvati. He definitely has issues with respecting women.

Jerri said she "sealed her fate" in the game by voting with Russell, so she's with him. It looks like Parvati is screwed without immunity next week, as Rupert and Colby will vote with Russell long enough to get in the final 4, and Sandra will sneak in with her immunity.

In what will be the most disappointing final 4 in recent memory, we're going to see...

Rupert - broken toe hasn't done much this season

Colby - f***ing waste of space

Sandra - kill me, but she's smart enough to not say a word about the idol

Jerri - everyone's favorite to take to the final to get votes

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
I though it was ok. not as good as the previous 2 in my opinion. But still good.

Agreed with this. It was a good episode last night but the prior to weeks were just phenomenal IMO. Although I did enjoy learning more of the background of the event last night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
In what will be the most disappointing final 4 in recent memory, we're going to see...

Rupert - broken toe hasn't done much this season

Colby - f***ing waste of space

Sandra - kill me, but she's smart enough to not say a word about the idol

Jerri - everyone's favorite to take to the final to get votes

Based on the past and what has happened so far, I would go with...

Russell: I just think he is too smart to not make it that far

Parvati: Track record

Sandra: Immunity idol will get her there

Jerri: Doesn't seem like anyone thinks she is a threat and could coast there

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Based on the past and what has happened so far, I would go with...

Russell: I just think he is too smart to not make it that far

Parvati: Track record

Sandra: Immunity idol will get her there

Jerri: Doesn't seem like anyone thinks she is a threat and could coast there

Parvati is so toast next week.... which is sad since she's been the best player this year.