Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
I strongly suggest watching the series with commentary on. It's a lot of fun to listen to them talk about the series, especially if you've already gone through the series normally a couple of times.

I don't like watching anything with commentary. It just bothers me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
Will be catching that and Lost tonight. My first time testing out the new DVR.

Welcome to 2005, gramps.

I sure hope this Pierzynski fella doesn't implode the team chemistry.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
Another solid episode of Justified.

Meh. I'm giving it one more week before I'm done watching it. It's a decent show, but I think the lack of any central storyline really hurts it. I'm just not interested in watching another show that goes week to week with completely different plots and nothing that really links together.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
Meh. I'm giving it one more week before I'm done watching it. It's a decent show, but I think the lack of any central storyline really hurts it. I'm just not interested in watching another show that goes week to week with completely different plots and nothing that really links together.

I've watched up to the second episode, and as I posted earlier, I think it depends on the show. I far and away preferred the stand alone X-Files over the heavy central storyline ones, albeit the sci-fi genre probably lends a little more to that... I would like to see a balance in Justified, I hate shows like that that get bogged down in central story-lines because IMO they tend to drag on and move way to slowly, I think with his ex, Ava and them deciding not to kill Goggins character they can do a nice mix of central storyline and good stand alone stories

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Welcome to 2005, gramps.

I sure hope this Pierzynski fella doesn't implode the team chemistry.

Even that was late, I had one in 2002, then tivo right after. My life wouldnt be the same without DVR's in every room.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I've watched up to the second episode, and as I posted earlier, I think it depends on the show. I far and away preferred the stand alone X-Files over the heavy central storyline ones, albeit the sci-fi genre probably lends a little more to that... I would like to see a balance in Justified, I hate shows like that that get bogged down in central story-lines because IMO they tend to drag on and move way to slowly, I think with his ex, Ava and them deciding not to kill Goggins character they can do a nice mix of central storyline and good stand alone stories

I'm guessing that they will build to a central story line. I think they are just trying to develop the characters a little bit. They will probably have a few more random episodes. and tie back into the Goggins character at the end of the season. Then maybe they will go through season 2 with one story line.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Well, bedroom, office.

Phew. I thought you might be one of those guys with 20 TVs in the house and 8 in the car, including one in your steering wheel. I just scratch my head when I see s*** like that.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
My favorite episode is the one with the Southern hick Vampires.

It has Luke Wilson in it.

It's called "Bad Blood". Possibly the funniest X-Files episode, as Mulder and Scully tell two different tales of the events. "Arcadia" has a lot of funny moments too, but the actual plot isn't as good.

Villains look like they will fall apart next week. Didn't seem like there was any conflict within Russell's main alliance though. If they were smart, they would throw the reward challenge, just so Russell has no shot at finding the idol

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Villains look like they will fall apart next week. Didn't seem like there was any conflict within Russell's main alliance though. If they were smart, they would throw the reward challenge, just so Russell has no shot at finding the idol

I think the merge is coming next week.