Devil Rays

Jim Fainter

The Devil Rays looked good. They are a pretty good team. They have several kids who can flat fly, and they are not afraid to use their speed. Plus, they hustle; they play hard. And they are well managed. If you take away two of our best pitchers, say Loaiza and Buehrle, and Maggs, which is the better team? I think they are. They have really improved. Give sweet Lou a couple of years, and they will be tough. Their hitting will improve, just becasue Lou himself is such a good hitting coach.

The Devil Rays looked good.  They are a pretty good team.  They have several kids who can flat fly, and they are not afraid to use their speed.  Plus, they hustle; they play hard.  And they are well managed.  If you take away two of our best pitchers, say Loaiza and Buehrle, and Maggs, which is the better team?  I think they are.  They have really improved.  Give sweet Lou a couple of years, and they will be tough.  Their hitting will improve, just becasue Lou himself is such a good hitting coach.

no pitching prospect on the horizon for them, they can't even sign their first rounder this yr.

Yea, I agree with you that the Rays are very well managed. My dad and I were basically talking about the same thing ealier today. I think they'll be a good team in a couple of years, except it sucks for them that they are in the East with NY, Boston, and hell, even Toronto is good this year.

Yea, I agree with you that the Rays are very well managed. My dad and I were basically talking about the same thing ealier today.  I think they'll be a good team in a couple of years, except it sucks for them that they are in the East with NY, Boston, and hell, even Toronto is good this year.

not without prospects.

not without prospects.

They do have some good prospects, not a lot, but some. Hell, most of the players on their team would still be "prospects" if they played on any other team. Plus, since most of their key players are young, they'll be able to keep them for a couple more years, but then they'll probably end up losing them. By the way, I wasn't saying that the D-Rays are gonna be good for a long time now, I just meant they are better than what they record makes them look like. And, they will be a good team in a couple years, and then suck again after that because they won't be able to keep any of there good players that will demand a lot of money.

They do have some good prospects, not a lot, but some.  Hell, most of the players on their team would still be "prospects" if they played on any other team.  Plus, since most of their key players are young, they'll be able to keep them for a couple more years, but then they'll probably end up losing them.  By the way, I wasn't saying that the D-Rays are gonna be good for a long time now, I just meant they are better than what they record makes them look like.  And, they will be a good team in a couple years, and then suck again after that because they won't be able to keep any of there good players that will demand a lot of money.

as a franchise i feel for them and the money situation they are in. i hope they will last. as a org i am i have no prob for them.

it just i see the sox f***ing up over here.

Tampa Bay will never be good due to the division they play in..

I dont see them ever being a good team, they cant compete with NY and BOS and the market that they have

If they were in a different division I could have hope for them but sadly I dont see them being able to make it in the AL East

NY and Bos are too good, TB will never be able to compete in that division

I wonder if there is any way they can get some benefit from not being able to sign Delmon Young.  I know they can't trade the pick or trade any signee for a year.  You would think there is some loophole in there somewhere.

as i mention in another post, we make a trade for a player or 2 with tpa, we send them cash, 1 or 2mil which is what is rumored to sign young, and we get jesus colume(sp) we can give them a prospect or 2 and recieve the negoation right to let say my player who i am really high on, there 3 rounder a miller.

we help them in many ways and we get some help as well. the money can be use to sign there 1 rounder, a pick they haven't been able to sign in several yrs.