Interesting Sox Prospect List

KaneCoKeith

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
He has missed a ton of time to injury. Played half a season in Kanny in 2008, and missed all of 2009. He'll turn 22 in 2010, in A Ball. He's got a steep ladder to climb at this point.

But wasn't that all due to the same injury? I just thought by performing how he was before getting hurt at that age was a very good sign. He has a very projectable frame as well.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
But wasn't that all due to the same injury? I just thought by performing how he was before getting hurt at that age was a very good sign. He has a very projectable frame as well.

I believe its one injury, yes, but a 1.5 year injury hiatus is usually not a good sign. Means the injury or surgery was pretty serious stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am not writing the guy off. I am just telling you why he has dropped off everyone's top prospect lists.

There are a lot of questions about Jose Martinez that we'd all need answers to before we could even consider him a prospect at this point. I wish the people who get to interview types like Hahn, Kenny, Laumann, Bell, etc. would ask questions more like, "what's up with Jose Martinez's health?" or "why did Upchurch blow last year," or "how is Santos Rodriguez's secondary stuff coming along?" or "is there anyone especially interesting in the DSL?" etc. instead of the same old s*** like, "what are your thoughts on Hudson?" "Oh, well we like him a lot." No s***.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's another interesting prospect list for those watching players move up. This is the top five prospects coming out of Great Falls based on perfomance from last year. This is based on performance and my opinion, nothing more. I suspect these five will be moving up and I'll miss watching them.

#1 Terry Doyle, RHP - 2.98 era, 75:15 K:BB ratio, 1.3 K p/inning. Finished season strong 1.17 era over his last five starts.

#2 Brandon Kloess, RHP - 2.45 era, 72:17 K:BB ration, 1.2 K p/inning. Used mostly in relief, but had a 0.90 era in his two starts.

#3 Nick Ciolli, OF - .317 BA, .483 slg %, 36:46 BB:K ratio. Lead Voyagers in HR and SB. Batted .394 in his last 10 games. Strong arm.

#4 Matt Wickswatt LHP - .384 era, 91:14 K:BB ratio, 1.25 K p/inning. ERA a little high, but pounded the strike zone non stop.

#5 Jordan Cheatham, OF - .330 BA, clutch hitter always seemed to get the big hit .339 with runners on base. Does a little of everything.

Like I said, this is nothing more than my opinion from watching about 30 games last year. These guys were the ones that stood out.

Edited by gfbaseball

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 05:18 AM)
Seems that no matter how many different lists come out that the common consensus is that Jared Mitchell has HUGE upside. I can't wait to track this guy next year.

That he does and hes the guy I am most excited about. The sox have needed a guy like him for a long time. Too many of the Carlos Lee, Dye, Mags types (I am not bashing them I just want an exciting speed type guy).