Noel Arguelles to sign with the Royals

DaTank

The Royals have agreed to a 5 year/$7M deal with Arguelles. Arguelles is a 19 year old LHP who defected along with Red Sox SS Jose Iglesias during a tournament in Canada in June 2008. The Royals have a nice collection of young arms now - including, LHP Michael Montgomery, LHP Danny Duffy, RHP Aaron Crow, RHP Tim Melville, to go along with LHP Noel Arguelles.

Link.

Edited by jenks45monster

I will state right now to the amusement of some here that I think that the Royals are going to turn into a team to be reckoned with. Probably not next season, and maybe not even 2011, but they will. I really like how their new G. M. is building things.

Back around 2000 I was posting on the Sox MLB board before they changed over. I made the comment after the Sox won the division in 2000 and were getting ready for the 2001 season and posters were commenting on how the Sox only competition in the division would be the Indians. I mentioned that I thought that the Twins were up and coming ( after suffering through many terrible seasons) and I pretty much got laughed off of the board. How has that prediction turned out over the last 8 - 9 seasons? Not to pat myself on the back, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I get the same feeling about the Royals now that I did about the Twins back then FWIW.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
I will state right now to the amusement of some here that I think that the Royals are going to turn into a team to be reckoned with. Probably not next season, and maybe not even 2011, but they will. I really like how their new G. M. is building things.

Back around 2000 I was posting on the Sox MLB board before they changed over. I made the comment after the Sox won the division in 2000 and were getting ready for the 2001 season and posters were commenting on how the Sox only competition in the division would be the Indians. I mentioned that I thought that the Twins were up and coming ( after suffering through many terrible seasons) and I pretty much got laughed off of the board. How has that prediction turned out over the last 8 - 9 seasons? Not to pat myself on the back, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I get the same feeling about the Royals now that I did about the Twins back then FWIW.

FWIW, people have been saying this about the Royals for years now. It still hasn't happened.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
FWIW, people have been saying this about the Royals for years now. It still hasn't happened.

The Starting Pitching will be there, but they still need bullpen help and some more offensive power I think to really compete in 2-3 years.