Andruw Jones Wants to Start for the Sox

elrockinMT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. You gotta admit his dedication (or is it obsession?) is commendable.

Um, I don't do obsession.

Takes a few minutes. A few posts here and there about my favorite team.... who could that possibly hurt? :unsure:

Now if only Sox would get Adrian Gonzalez.... the happy quotient would go up for everybody, no?

Edited by Bern Danstein

QUOTE (Bern Danstein @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Just the air?

I am always the same. Names change, but style never does.

Otherwise.... I wouldn't be ME. Ya know? :)

Andruw Jones IS a good low-key signing, though. Now if only Rios would remember where he misplaced his TALENT.....

QUOTE (Bern Danstein @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)

Takes a few minutes. A few posts here and there about my favorite team.... who could that possibly hurt? :unsure:

Now if only Sox would get Adrian Gonzalez.... the happy quotient would go up for everybody, no?

It's nothing short of pathetic.

QUOTE (Bern Danstein @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)

HA! You have something like 100 different registrations, over the past seven years. That means you had to take the time to create a different email account and address for each time you re-registered, not to mention the time put in each time to find a new IP to post from.

If you don't think it is an obsession, I do not think you know what that word means.

I like Andruw, but honestly i'd almost rather move TCQ to DH and play Jordan Danks in the OF then devote time to a guy that really has nothing left to prove at this point. I really do think the division is bad enough that Danksy could get 250+ AB's that wouldn't be detrimental to the team. I hope KW can render all this mute by bringing in Upton or another name. So, Danks can pay his due diligence in AAA.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
I like Andruw, but honestly i'd almost rather move TCQ to DH and play Jordan Danks in the OF then devote time to a guy that really has nothing left to prove at this point. I really do think the division is bad enough that Danksy could get 250+ AB's that wouldn't be detrimental to the team. I hope KW can render all this mute by bringing in Upton or another name. So, Danks can pay his due diligence in AAA.

I honestly believe that if Danks got time in the majors next year, it would be a huge mistake.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
HA! You have something like 100 different registrations, over the past seven years. That means you had to take the time to create a different email account and address for each time you re-registered, not to mention the time put in each time to find a new IP to post from.

If you don't think it is an obsession, I do not think you know what that word means.

What gets me is he won't even try to disguise his writing style or his 'I'm god's gift to message boards everywhere' superiority complex.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
I honestly believe that if Danks got time in the majors next year, it would be a huge mistake.

Jordan danks has zero business being on the major league roster at any point this season. Danks bat is no where near major league ready at this very point. I could see if danks was on the verge of being a major league player, with not much more to prove, but let's not jump the gun and rush him when it is unwarranted. It's senseless. The reward is just not worth the risk (big risk it is... for danks the player, not the team), considering there are other options.

Quentin also has no business being moved to dh anytime soon, when that day comes, it will be the sign of quentin on his way out (injuries - body breaking down) of the white white sox organization.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Note this date, but I agree.

And yesterday I wrote a positive, happy Facebook status, not too long before that I agreed with Y2HH in the Filibuster.

Throw me in with the "any guy worth a s*** is going to want to start" crowd.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Jordan danks has zero business being on the major league roster at any point this season. Danks bat is no where near major league ready at this very point. I could see if danks was on the verge of being a major league player, with not much more to prove, but let's not jump the gun and rush him when it is unwarranted. It's senseless. The reward is just not worth the risk (big risk it is... for danks the player, not the team), considering there are other options.

Quentin also has no business being moved to dh anytime soon, when that day comes, it will be the sign of quentin on his way out (injuries - body breaking down) of the white white sox organization.

For me, it's as simple as this: compare him to Colby Rasmus, age, ability, development, minor league production, quality of competition. Now look at what Rasmus did in 2009. There's really no reason for me to believe that Jordan Danks wouldn't be a complete disaster at the plate in 2010.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
For me, it's as simple as this: compare him to Colby Rasmus, age, ability, development, minor league production, quality of competition. Now look at what Rasmus did in 2009. There's really no reason for me to believe that Jordan Danks wouldn't be a complete disaster at the plate in 2010.

I did just that. Nice job, K. Now I'm even more convinced Danks shouldn't sniff the 2010 roster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
I did just that. Nice job, K. Now I'm even more convinced Danks shouldn't sniff the 2010 roster.

Honestly, i'm also in the Danks isn't ready camp. I just have issues with an organizational outlook that's comfortable with having placeholders fill some major positions. I think Jones can be lightning in a bottle, i just hope like hell we explore every possible alternative before we reach that point.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Honestly, i'm also in the Danks isn't ready camp. I just have issues with an organizational outlook that's comfortable with having placeholders fill some major positions. I think Jones can be lightning in a bottle, i just hope like hell we explore every possible alternative before we reach that point.

I actually have no problem with what the organization is doing. Williams has stated that Jones was brought in to be a bench player, but if no other alternatives come out, and Jones comes to camp and brings his A game, that could turn into an .850 OPS and .900+ against left handed pitching. I would have no problem with that for a season, and it gives the organization one more year to evaluate what they have coming up in the minors.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)

I think it's wrong to assume they don't explore every possible option.

Jones hasn't had an .800 OPS against LHP in any of the past 3 seasons. He's been with 3 different teams and hasn't hit higher than .222 during those years. If there was a decent probability he would return to his 2006 form, Scott Boras could have probably secured more for him than $500k. In fact one of the criticisms Ron Washington received last year was exposing Jones too much. Lighting in a bottle, .900 OPS vs. LHP, it may happen, but is highly unlikeley.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
I think it's wrong to assume they don't explore every possible option.

Aside from sheer laziness I can't think of a reason not to explore every possible option. To suggest otherwise would be an tremendous affront to Kenny Williams and the White Sox front office.