What's on your mind tonight?

witesoxfan

I dunno I've had cold beer and it did nothing for me but make me sour on it. Some people probably acquire the taste faster though.

And don't you have to take the doors off of old fridges like that cause kids can get stuck inside of them?

Here's a question, do you like the taste of wine?

Personally I can't touch the stuff, just like I can't touch coffee, both taste like absolute crap to me.

I've only had wine a few times, it was alright, a little strong and bitter. Champagne is the same way, I don't really think I could take a lot of champagne. Coffee I like though, that was an acquired taste but now I love it.

I don't like coffee..although i haven't drank enough to acquire the taste so........ :huh:

Speaking of coffee, why the f*** do they call it a Cup of Joe..I hate that saying or whatever you call it.. :fyou

I guess I'll tell my worst drunk story.

I'm only 17 and the legal age for drinking here in Canada is 18. Anyways, me and my friend each decided to get a 40 of OE (Old English). The stuff is really cheap but also very disgusting. We went to a park and started to drink and then were scared out by park police. I was about 3/4 done mine and my friend about 1/4. This was my friend's first time drinking, also 17. We were sort of in a predicament after being booted from this park because our driver had to be home and we were nowhere close to being finished our stuff. So we decided that our friend, the driver would drop the 2 of us off at another park, closer to our houses. We figured we'd walk or get a ride with someone, since this park was a local hangout for many people we know. We walked down into the park and a bunch of punk kids from our school had made a bonfire. Anyways I was pretty loaded as I was just finishing my 40 and I was mingling with all these punks and drug dealer types. I then went and talked to my newbie drinking friend and he said he didn't want anymore. He had half of his left and mine had already been finished. He then tried to give it away, and I wouldn't allow it. So I grabbed it and chugged the bloody thing in like 30 seconds(worst decision ever). After that I was flying and apparently I pissed some people off with my wild acts and eventually this huge guy like 6.0 270 pounds punched me right in the mouth. Of course being totally drunk I wasn't really affected by the punch and I decided to gloat like a fool. This only angered these guys even more and they really wanted to kick my ass. But my 2 friends and this other kid I barely knew got me out of there and we took a taxi home. After that was a blur, my friend apparently had to drag me into my house and give me to my mommy lol. The next thing I remember after that was waking up in all my street clothes and looking at my hoodie that was covered with blood from my mouth. I was lucky to have survived that night with just the fat lip. But I sure had a mean hangover the next day I was dry heaving all day.:puke

Speaking of coffee, why the f*** do they call it a Cup of Joe..I hate that saying or whatever you call it.. :fyou

haha you're right. that is one of those things that always bugged me but i never thought about it long enough to put it into words. cup o' joe, such a stupid term.

haha you're right. that is one of those things that always bugged me but i never thought about it long enough to put it into words. cup o' joe, such a stupid term.

I can see that pissing people off. I think people say it cause it makes them feel cool

Speaking of drugs..has anybody taken or "experimented" with drugs???

I've only done weed and last year I did take one hit of X...eh

But I'm not really into that s*** :huh:

I've only smoked weed before and that's really all I ever want to do. Maybe mush, but everything else seems way too dangerous.

I have never and will never go near drugs or cigarettes. Both my parents smoked while I was growing up and I find it to be absolutely disgusting. As for alcohol...I come from a long line of alcoholics on my dad's side (he and his brother are dry now, but that was after a long time of drinking). I know when I drink, I drink to get drunk so I only allow myself a drink every now and then (maybe once or twice a year). I have such an intolerance to alcohol now that after one glass of wine I am buzzing.

My bf was quite the drinker from the age of 17 to about 22. When he turned 22 he looked at what losers he and his friends were, stopped feeling sorry for himself and stopped drinking (while he held 2-3 jobs at the same time at that time.

The big drinking story I heard about him was that at his brother's bachelor's party (my bf was 17) he almost died from chugging a fifth of Jack (he slept 3 days straight, and should have been in the hospital, why he wasn't, I really don't know, but I think the shame his parents felt might have attributed to him being kept at home). To be honest, I am curious if he got some from the strippers that were there - my bf says he can't even remember if there were strippers (from what his brother said, there were 2), but his brother said that my bf was the wild one at that party. Too bad my bf can't remember any of it. But, he's been at enough of those parties in the last ten years plus two big ones coming up (and hopefully his own within the next year to year and a half), he'll have plenty of stripper stories. I get a kick out of bring up Jack or showing him a bottle of it at the store because he turns this lovely shade of green and gets the dry heaves. The most he drinks now is 0.5 to 1 bottle of Bud at a wedding or a party. His hard liquor choice is vodka :puke .

Holy s*** I'm going through a lot right now.  For starters, we're moving from Pierre, SD to Bismarck, ND in about 3 weeks, and that's gonna suck ass.  Moving to Bismarck is fine with me.  I just really do not want to move away from Pierre.  Small as it is, every friend of mine is here, and it will be very hard to move.  And to get ready to move and sell the house we are in now, we have had to do a s***load of work.  It has f***ing sucked, and only like me and my parents have done work.  My brother has been a piece of s*** and done nothing and my sister is getting ready for college.  We already bought a house in Bismarck(it is a nice house, 3 levels, a very nice and spacious master bedroom, a very nice, big lawn, a little walkway that looks over the front yard, a sun room, a deck, and a big upstairs.  It is a huge house, and though I don't have the numbers in front of me, I am pretty sure the total sq footage of the house is over 3000....all that for just under $200,000.  Of course there's a catch.  The basement is very unfinished, because, aside from a family room, there is nothing done down there at all).  So I have that going on, and the move up there is going to be hard as hell.  All that, and my grandpa is dying(my mom said something that he was probably going to die tonight, but I haven't heard anything on it).  Tragic, but no big surprise.  He smoked for 50 years, what would you expect?  I'm surprised he made it as long as he did.  I believe he was like 75 or so, so he was pretty old.  That will be hard, but I'll be able to move on.  I also just found out that my best friend's uncle took his own life not that long ago.  That has been and still is hard for me to get over.  He was a great guy, funny as hell, and was a great father.  He had bi-polar disorder and had stopped taking his medication.  I don't think I have to explain much after that.  I know that he had trouble telling me about it initially, and now that I've found out how he died, I can understand.  It is a very hard thing to overcome, and he will be missed.  I've also had some crazy ass dreams in the past 2 or 3 weeks or so, and there have been so many weird ones, I can't even remember them all.  I do remember 3 quite well, so if you want me to explain what happened in them, I can.

And to top it all off, I have some good news(or bad news, depending on how you look at it).  For the first time in my life, I got drunk.  I didn't get drunk because of all this s*** that has been going on, I just got drunk because my sister asked me if I wanted to.  I said sure, and I followed her to her room. Another of her friends brought in a little cooler of beer, but it was warm and gross, so that really was a bad experience.  I would have preferred to have had it a little colder.  I found out that I'm a pretty good chugger, and considering it was my first time, I'd say I've got good potential.  Had like 5 beers, and I was pretty drunk.  That's definately a weird feeling.  I think I liked it, but I'm not going to become some raging alcoholic and drink like every weekend or anything like that.  And I also experienced my first hangover, which you'd expect.  I got the s***s and was nauseous, but I faired better then my sister, who was much worse then I was.  She ended up holding on to the porcelain for a little bit and could not make it to work this morning.  Had a popsickle and I was fine after that.

So, what's on your mind tonight?

I'm with you on the stress thing.

My mother passed away of cancer on Thursday. So that obviously is tough to go through. Now I have to go through 2 wakes a funeral mass and the burial, and it will be a very hard time for me and my brother, and my father. 52 is too young to die, and I still don't think I am over the shock yet. At least the White Sox are taking my mind off of everything, hey thats what sports are for.

As far as your move, I wish you the best of luck. 2 years ago August we packed up and moved from Chicago to New Jersey. Moving is tough, but after a little while you make new friends and everything. I wish you the best of luck

A lot of topics to touch on:

I like the taste of beer, but only certain kinds of beer. I like the lighter beers, like Corona or Rolling Rock ( new favorite is San Lucas ). I also like Hacker-Pschoor Weisse beer ( a thicker, "wheatier" beer which is GREAT with a lemon wedge ). Hate those dark bitter beers like Bass or Guiness - those taste like crap to me.

Best non-beer alcoholic drink is Long Island Iced Tea. when done right, you don't taste the alcohol but you get f***ED UP.

I don't usually drink to get drunk - I drink until I get a nice buzz and then stop. I'm very susceptible to hangovers and it doesn't take much, so I have to be careful.

Best non-alcoholic drink is soda. I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste. i can drink tea, but don't prefer it.

Never done drugs - I've seen too many casualties to want to try it. Although, I've seen plenty of alcoholics in my day too, and I don't stop drinking.

Im sorry about your grandpa and your friends uncle wsf. My grandma died a few years ago (July 2000). We were at her house knowing it was coming and it was very weird. Very sad. We sat there and sang Christian songs (she was very religious) and there was kinda a gloomy feeling in the house. I went to the neighbors and watched the Sox make a very nice comeback win over the Angels (Ive talked about it before) and when I went back to my grandmas my rather happy spirit just died. There was no way you could be happy when you look at your dying grandma laying motionless on some hospital bed.

Ive also had my share of moves living in a military family. Weve been overseas and all over the place. Ive just gotten used to it really. Luckily, Im in Virginia til I leave for college and start life on my own...

Talk about moving alot... I was actually born in NYC, lived there until i was about 7, moved to Chicago for a couple of years, then came to Cali and moved to two cities here. On average, I move about at least 2 times a year and I pretty much have to change schools every year. I know how it feels. When you just begin to really know your friends and fit in, you gotta move. Its really tough but I'm kinda used to it now.

As for the beer thing, I really dont have too much experience in that. :cheers