Sox sign Putz

marsh

It also appears more likely that versatile reliever D.J. Carrasco will not be tendered a contract by Saturday at 11 p.m. and become a free agent. The Sox met with Carrasco's agent Wednesday.

"You'll just have to wait for those things to come down the pipeline, and everything will reveal itself in time," Williams said

This makes it sound to me like Carrasco is gone. Boy, I hope not. :pray

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Wouldn't Putz's agent shopping around the White Sox's offer have had the same effect? Because there's no doubt he did just that.

Exactly. Putz agent is doing his diligence and I don't think something getting out in the media on the FA front will have much impact on a signing happen. It could put added pressure on a club, but an agent isn't going to just wait and see who calls him, he's also going to talk to plenty of teams and shop an offer around.

I think the media jumping in on trades can and often does make it more difficult for a trade to happen.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Exactly. Putz agent is doing his diligence and I don't think something getting out in the media on the FA front will have much impact on a signing happen. It could put added pressure on a club, but an agent isn't going to just wait and see who calls him, he's also going to talk to plenty of teams and shop an offer around.

I think the media jumping in on trades can and often does make it more difficult for a trade to happen.

We would have Adrian Gonzalez right NOW if it wasn't for you!

:angry:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
His prognosis when he had the surgery was something like 8-12 weeks (see post earlier in this thread). If he's not ready to pitch right now then this signing shouldn't have been made.

This is the type of surgery where you can predict a good outcome. The clean up of the osteophytes and other loose bodies is relatively safe as surgeries go. My only concern is getting the range of motion back to normal depending on how long the oseopytes have been impeding his motion. However, Herm and his staff should have no trouble staying on top of it and getting him back. By all accounts he isn't a lazy guy who wouldn't do the work.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Wouldn't Putz's agent shopping around the White Sox's offer have had the same effect? Because there's no doubt he did just that.

Sure, but you know that when a signing is reported imminent and another team wants that player they get desperate. Not like it mattered in this case, but I know it annoyed KW because thats what he said.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
They'll add another bat.

I don't doubt the sox will add another bat. But it won't be a difference maker along the lines of an Adrian Gonzalez, etc. Even if the sox add bats like an OFer such as Gardner/ Crisp/ Winn and a LH DH, the sox offense won't be carrying the team. The bulk of the pressure will be on the pitching to win games--both the SP and the bullpen. The sox offense can be league average. But the pitching needs to be in the top 3rd.

It's interesting how many guys we have that have something to prove next year.

Putz is coming off surgery on his throwing arm. Yikes. But the Sox have medical experts and must know what they are doing.

As fans we can only hope for the best but wouldn't we be expecting a lot to see him pitch before June after surgery??

He's another very tall pitcher. Has he had control problems?

GO SOX!

Kudos to Joe for getting one right! He is still a jag bag all the same though.

Do the Joe bashers hate Joe for that youtube he did with AJ or something? Does he get all the hot chicks at the clubs you frequent?

Mr. Cowley. If you read this board, I feel you are a great White Sox reporter. Good job as it is obvious you work your ass off covering the White Sox in and out of season.

This Bud is for you.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
Do the Joe bashers hate Joe for that youtube he did with AJ or something?

Mr. Cowley. If you read this board, I feel you are a great White Sox reporter. Good job as it is obvious you work your ass off covering the White Sox in and out of season.

This Bud is for you.

Oh my heavens....tell me he didn't just say that! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Notice Linebrink was not mentioned by KW. I think he is being moved for another bad contract (Bradley, Pierre) and KW is getting the ducks in a row for this based on the non-tender guys.

If Jenks is non-tendered this team has serious issues.

Jenks is not going to be non-tendered

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Do the Joe bashers hate Joe for that youtube he did with AJ or something? Does he get all the hot chicks at the clubs you frequent?

This Bud is for you.

You know Cowley doesn't read these boards, because all we are is a bunch of trekkie know-nothings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)

This Bud is for you.

Wow...just wow is all I can say to this. :lolhitting

Seriously fathom and squert what's the problem with Joe? He gives us stuff to read and discuss all year round.

I gots no problem with him. Plus it's free information. Not like we gots to pay for it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah (sp) to all! I love the holidays.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Seriously fathom and squert what's the problem with Joe? He gives us stuff to read and discuss all year round.

I gots no problem with him. Plus it's free information. Not like we gots to pay for it.

I think someone found some eggnog :headbang

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)

It tends to be pretty common for people not to like pretentious assholes who are completely unprofessional and widely regarded as one of the biggest d***s in baseball reporting.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
Pretentious asshole? You guys must see him on TV or something. I just read his stuff and think it's good ... and free.

I have read and seen comments and replies he has had to his and Suntimes readers, completely unprofessional and defines a$$hole. I know some fans should really be laughed at once in a while, but for a newspaper business dying the way he treats the readers is just disrespectful and stupid.

If you want more proof just ask Chisoxfn of his experience with Joe.

One of the things I love about this board is any thread going beyond say four pages will always veer off in another direction.

I like to start on the first page, see what's up, then go to the last one and see what topic is being discussed that has nothing to do with the thread title.

Rock on Sox Talk! Don't ever change.