I've been listening...

Cali

to Faith No More so much lately. They have so many quality songs, kind of makes me wish I got into them a whole lot earlier than I did. Mike Patton is such a vocal and musical genious it's not even funny. His range is so out there, it's like a guy with a Mariah Carey vocal range :D

And there cover of "Easy Like Sunday Morning" is just great

"You're perfect, yes, it's true

But without me you're only you"

Faith No More is good. Its about the only band along with QOS that I agree with ya on :D

Oh ya, I just have to say this, looked over at my tv and Matlock is on. It just reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Abe is just yelling Maaatloock. Dont' ask me why.

Faith No More is good.  Its about the only band along with QOS that I agree with ya on  :D

Oh ya, I just have to say this, looked over at my tv and Matlock is on.  It just reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Abe is just yelling Maaatloock.  Dont' ask me why.

2 out of 50 ain't bad :lol:

Is that also the Simpsons where Jasper steals Matlocks heart medication? Or is that another Matlock related episode?

Faith No More is good.  Its about the only band along with QOS that I agree with ya on  :D

Oh ya, I just have to say this, looked over at my tv and Matlock is on.  It just reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Abe is just yelling Maaatloock.  Dont' ask me why.

2 out of 50 ain't bad :lol:

Is that also the Simpsons where Jasper steals Matlocks heart medication? Or is that another Matlock related episode?

To be honest I couldn't tell ya. I was thinking maybe it was the one where they build the matlock express way and the Simpson house is blocking it and Abe is like first in line.

I think that's the scene where Mayor Quimby is proposing the new expressway to be built in Springfield and askes what the old folks like and, as a result of Grandpa's yelling, decided to rename it the Matlock Expressway.

I think.

Alright, we both think its that, so I'm gonna guess it is that.

Trying to figure out which episode the matlock was used in is like trying to remember an episode where Homer does something stupidly funny.

"Backside melts into a sofa

My world, my TV, and my food

Besides listening to my belly gurgle

Ain't much else to do

Yeah, I sweat a lot

Pants fall down every time I bend over

And my feet itch

Yeah-I married a scarecrow

I hate you

Talking to myself

Everibody's starin' at me

I'm only bleedin'

Someone taps me on the shoulder every 5 minutes

Nobody speaks English anymore

Would anybody tell me I was gettin' stupider?

I hate you

Talking to myself

You don't feel it after awhile

You take the beating

I'm a swingin' guy

Throw a belt over the shower curtain rod

And swing - - -

Toss me inside a Hefty

And put me in the ground

A drink needs me

I don't

I ain't about to guzzle no tears

so kiss my ass

newscasters, coakroaches, and desserts

I hate you

Talkin' to myself

Everibody's starin' at me

I'm only bleedin'

Where are the kids?

maybepregnantorondrugs

oronwelfareontopoftheworld

donthehonorrolonparoleontheDodgers

onthebackofmilkcartonsonstakes

inthemiddleofcornfields

oncoversoffuturehistorybooks

onoldlady'smantleswalkin'onwaternailedoncrosses

I think it's time I had a talk with my kids

I'll just tell 'em what my daddy told me

YOU AIN'T NEVER GONNA AMOUNT NOTHIN'"

Nothing but jibberish. I can't believe that that is an entire song. Mike is a weird guy. :lol:

u like Alkaline Trio Cali? I'm thinking ya don't since your more into heavy stuff. But their new cd is freaking awesome in my opinion.

That, YellowCard and my old school Ozma cd are some of my favorite stuff right now. Been waiting to listen to the new Brand New CD

u like Alkaline Trio Cali?  I'm thinking ya don't since your more into heavy stuff.  But their new cd is freaking awesome in my opinion. 

That, YellowCard and my old school Ozma cd are some of my favorite stuff right now.  Been waiting to listen to the new Brand New CD

No. But I know a lot of people are into them. Never actually heard them. Are they punk or emo or something?

u like Alkaline Trio Cali?  I'm thinking ya don't since your more into heavy stuff.  But their new cd is freaking awesome in my opinion. 

That, YellowCard and my old school Ozma cd are some of my favorite stuff right now.  Been waiting to listen to the new Brand New CD

No. But I know a lot of people are into them. Never actually heard them. Are they punk or emo or something?

Ya, punk/emo. Their older stuff is really good as is their new stuff.

Overall I think both Yellowcard and Alkaline Trio's new cd's are really good investments cause they are complete albums.

I can only take the emo guys whining for so long before it just gets annoying. The only to exceptions being Poison the Well and Glassjaw, mainly because there is equal amounts of screaming with the singing.

Since my car CD player had been on the fritz, I had to listen to the radio, and man they play way to much of the emo/punk. I'm very sick of Thrice, NOFX, Less than Jake, whining at me forever :D

The more songs I hear by them I find really trivial stuff to hate about the songs like that "Franco Unamerican" (which is the stupidest name I've heard for a song in a while) song. The singer says it really fast as to fit it in with the rhythem. I have no way of conveying it through type, but for those who know the song you know what I'm talking about "Franco, FrancoUnamerican" (Eh, I tryed)

Since my car CD player had been on the fritz, I had to listen to the radio, and man they play way to much of the emo/punk. I'm very sick of Thrice, NOFX, Less than Jake, whining at me forever :D

The LTJ song they play, is it "She's Gonna Break Soon"?

cause that is the worst song on the new album.

I don't know the title but it's catchy as f***. Sounds kinda like a reggae tune.

I don't know the title but it's catchy as f***. Sounds kinda like a reggae tune.

Oh I think I know what you mean, The Science of Selling Yourself Short. I like that one alot. The chorus goes like:

I'll sing a-long, yeah with every emergency

Just sing a-long, I'm the kind of catastrophe

I'm so far gone, that deep down inside

I think it's fine by me

That I'm my own worst enemy

Oh I think I know what you mean, The Science of Selling Yourself Short. I like that one alot. The chorus goes like:

I'll sing a-long, yeah with every emergency

Just sing a-long, I'm the kind of catastrophe

I'm so far gone, that deep down inside

I think it's fine by me

That I'm my own worst enemy

Yeah that's the one.

It is really catchy, I can see why they are getting heavy play, at least out here.

Yeah that's the one.

It is really catchy, I can see why they are getting heavy play, at least out here.

I haven't listened to the radio in like a year but that's sweet that they are getting on it. They are worthy of the air time. Warner Bros. obviously has something to do with it, as they are signed to their label, but I don't care cause the drummer owns the Fueled By Ramen label, so that should have a better chance at staying above water in spite of the rampant piracy.

Yeah that's the one.

I haven't listened to the radio in like a year but that's sweet that they are getting on it. They are worthy of the air time. Warner Bros. obviously has something to do with it, as they are signed to their label, but I don't care cause the drummer owns the Fueled By Ramen label, so that should have a better chance at staying above water in spite of the rampant piracy.

I actually don't mind that song too much.

That's why everybody wants to get airplay, cause the radio will cram it down your throat until you like it and buy the CD.

It worked on me sans the latter.

Off-Topic Damn this PTW CD is soooo f***ing good :headbang

Ya, thats the saying. Really catchy...got a really good beat.

while I think Faith No More was a very good band, and recorded some quality stuff, I personally would not call Mike Patton a musical genius at all.

I really don't like Fantomas or Tomahawk that much, and a lot of his warbling gets on my nerves.

Alkaline Trio is very good, especially the song "My Friend Peter", and I love Avail. They do a very nice cover of Pink Houses, and their original stuff has a nice hard guitar sound.

Emo is good in small doses, and you'll find some really good stuff that falls into that category. An emo song I really like is "Eleven To Your Seven" by Hey Mercedes.