Miguel Olivo anyone?

ozzfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
I would love to have him back, but I think he'd be looking for more than 150 AB.

I really think Pieryznski could use a few more days off and Id want Olivo out there against pretty much all lefties, if I remember right he crushes them. Plus would be nice to finally have a catcher with a canon arm throwing out runners.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
I really think Pieryznski could use a few more days off and Id want Olivo out there against pretty much all lefties, if I remember right he crushes them. Plus would be nice to finally have a catcher with a canon arm throwing out runners.

A cannon arm and a complete and utter inability to stop the ball behind the plate.

Olivo's looking for a starting job right now, not 200 PA.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Olivo has some upside to him I think. He can throw our runners and bats right, which will complement our #1 cathcer AJ

There really isn't a whole lot of upside. He's got great power and a strong throwing arm. The rest of his game stinks. He's still going to command way more than a backup catcher would. I figure at least 3 million or so a year. We're obviously not going to pay him that.

I am glad to see there is this much love for olivo around soxtalk so far. However, there is no way considering our current roster. Plus didn't Ozzie order a bean on him? or a pitch meant to hit him for all the people about to get pissed at me for misusing the term.

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
Wasn't one of the reasons he was traded was because the pitching staff hating pitching to him?

That was almost 6 years ago. He supposedly has gotten better at calling games, but he's not coming here. I think the big reason he was traded was Freddy Garcia was coming back in the deal.

Edited by Dick Allen