Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade

Nokona

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I maybe in the minority, but I would rather lock up Cliff Lee at this point than Halladay. I love Roy but Lee is younger and a lefty. Not too many dominant lefties in the league like him.

Lee appears unwilling to be "locked up". He wants to become a FA and get paid.

Edited by chunk23

Well the NL is certainly spoken for next year (you could probably say that with Lee as well). Lee has been great the last two years. But Halladay has been great the last eight years. And with Halladay reportedly willing to sign an extension, it's a no-brainer for the Phillies. I am very interested to see what prospects the Phils are trading. And the Mariners are going to be DANGEROUS next year. And lol@the Angels. They can't be too happy right about now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
Well the NL is certainly spoken for next year (you could probably say that with Lee as well). Lee has been great the last two years. But Halladay has been great the last eight years. And with Halladay reportedly willing to sign an extension, it's a no-brainer for the Phillies. I am very interested to see what prospects the Phils are trading. And the Mariners are going to be DANGEROUS next year. And lol@the Angels. They can't be too happy right about now.

The Angels are probably looking at a 3rd place finish with how improved the Ms and Rangers are looking. I think the Ms will be a very strong team next year. Mind-blowing defense, strong pitching and a rather balanced offense. They need a power hitter and then they're pretty much a complete team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Lee and Hernandez gives the Mariners like, the hands down best 1-2 punch in the playoffs.

I'd still like to think the Sox have the best 1-2-3-4 punch though...

Definitely one of the best along with Boston, now that they have Lackey.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
The Angels are probably looking at a 3rd place finish with how improved the Ms and Rangers are looking. I think the Ms will be a very strong team next year. Mind-blowing defense, strong pitching and a rather balanced offense. They need a power hitter and then they're pretty much a complete team.

besides felix and lee,their rotation isnt that great

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
besides felix and lee,their rotation isnt that great

The thing is, though, that their defense is capable of making any pitcher look good. Look at Washburn last year with the Ms compared to his numbers with the Tigers.