Who is the 5th Starter of our Future

Loaiza21

What the hell should we do with the fifth spot in the rotation?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What the hell should we do with the fifth spot in the rotation?

• Bring up Felix Diaz
    • Bring up Brian Cooper
    • Bring up Neal Cotts
    • Make a friggin trade Kenny! Without giving up stud prospects

I say Rauch, Diaz or Cotts.  I think the Sox want to use a LHP badly and we may just see Neal.

Rauch got lit up again last night.

I voted for Cotts in this poll, even though I am not convinced he is ready. He may be the most ready we have, however, barring a trade. His next start just may tell us a lot. He also would have to be added to the 40-man and I am not sure with how things are on it right now.

Diaz is an interesting possibility. It might be time to see what he can do.

Lastly, and I think the most likely possibility aside from a trade is Danny Wright. He pitched pretty well last night and should get one more start before a 5th starter is needed. In reality, all you need from your 5th starter is to keep you in the game and hope your offense can win it. If a guy can give you 5 or 6 quality innings and keep his team in the game, that's about all you can ask right now.

If the Sox can win 2 or 3 of the five remaining starts of the #5 then they should be alright.

Well, the only reason I voted Cooper is because I think that the White Sox want to bring up a guy who can do well and is not a guy with a potentially HUGE future. I think that they are waiting on Cotts and Diaz for Spring 2004. I think Cooper is a year younger than Porzio, and the stats he's put up over 20 starts in AAA are impressive enough for a promotion.

Well, the only reason I voted Cooper is because I think that the White Sox want to bring up a guy who can do well and is not a guy with a potentially HUGE future. I think that they are waiting on Cotts and Diaz for Spring 2004. I think Cooper is a year younger than Porzio, and the stats he's put up over 20 starts in AAA are impressive enough for a promotion.

I agree

Thats a tough one I like all the choices. But I voted for a trade, right now everone out there is a 3rd or 4th starter so they would be an upgrade as a 5th starter. My prefrence is Escobar because of his experience in both the rotation and bullpen

Diaz stats in his starts since May 18.

2-4 3.09 ERA 64 IP 61 H 19 BB 47 K

This excludes two so-so starts in the first two weeks of the season. I excluded them only because I felt it was more accurate to see what he has been doing since he has been in the rotation consistently.

The other two starts didn't change his numbers drastically.

It won't be Cooper.  He is not on the 40-man and they aren't going to put him on it just for a couple of months. 

It will likely be someone from a trade, Danny Wright, Cotts or Diaz.

as i asked before and i will asked again, is cotts, diaz or anyone else ready to help us in the majors now, excluding wright and ginter.

if not and the sox rush them up, is there a chance of rushing someone along like they did rauch several yrs ago?

It won't be Cooper.  He is not on the 40-man and they aren't going to put him on it just for a couple of months. 

It will likely be someone from a trade, Danny Wright, Cotts or Diaz.

as i asked before and i will asked again, is cotts, diaz or anyone else ready to help us in the majors now, excluding wright and ginter.

if not and the sox rush them up, is there a chance of rushing someone along like they did rauch several yrs ago?

I don't think promoting Diaz or Cotts for 5 starts would hurt them. Would they be able to pitch well enough to help, who knows? If they can't make a deal and aren't willing to give Wright another shot, then Diaz or Cotts might be worth a try. One of them could surprise.

Diaz' start tonight wasn't bad. He had a nice outing going before giving up 3 in the 7th.

Watch Cotts start Monday night in Mobile.

Cotts.

give us two lefties and three righties.

Harden, the other guy who started in the futures game, is showing everybody in Oakland that he's ready.

And if Cotts does well, it will take the heat off Williams for the Koch/Foulke trade.

If not Cotts, i'm predicting they'll go back to Danny Wright -- because he has pitched well in Seattle several times.