St. Louis Blues

Sox72

Where are those people that post from St. Louis? I know I've seen them on here. And I have a question. About 10 of my friends and myself are trying to go to the Hawks/Blues game on February 6th. I'm trying to find a good place for all of us to sit in the Stadium and cheer for the Hawks. Has anyone been to the Fox Sports Midwest Rally Zone??? What is it? Are there areas in the Stadium like on the 300th level of the United Center where we can just watch from a bar??? Any help would be appreciated.

I've been to the Scottrade for both a Blackhawks/Blues games and a couple times for the MVC tournament. I really don't have any answers for your questions but you will most definitely have a good time. Cheap tickets and good views from everywhere in a nice little arena.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:53 PM)
I've been to the Scottrade for both a Blackhawks/Blues games and a couple times for the MVC tournament. I really don't have any answers for your questions but you will most definitely have a good time. Cheap tickets and good views from everywhere in a nice little arena.

I've only been to one sporting event here and it was to a Cardinals game when they were playing the Cubs so I wasn't really rooting for anyone and couldn't judge their hostility. You think people will pour beers on us cause we're Hawks fans? I.E. is it a Dodgers crown or a Phillies crowd?

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
I've only been to one sporting event here and it was to a Cardinals game when they were playing the Cubs so I wasn't really rooting for anyone and couldn't judge their hostility. You think people will pour beers on us cause we're Hawks fans? I.E. is it a Dodgers crown or a Phillies crowd?

No, St. Louis fans tend to be very nice and respectful of other fans. You should be fine.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
I've never been to the United Center so I cannot make any comparisons. I can recommend that you go down to a bar in Soulard and take one of the free shuttles to the stadium, you can bring your drinks on them and some even sell cans out of a cooler.

I'm pretty sure the spot to hit before Blues games is Bernie Federko's. It's right across from the stadium, it's huge, and it's dedicated to hockey.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
I've never been to the United Center so I cannot make any comparisons. I can recommend that you go down to a bar in Soulard and take one of the free shuttles to the stadium, you can bring your drinks on them and some even sell cans out of a cooler.

What about the Fox Sports Midwest Rally Zone Seating section in the stadium? What's that like?

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)

The only time I have ever had beer dumped on me, fought, and been thrown out of a sporting event was at a Hawks/Blues game at the old Arena in St. Louis. The weird thing is, the asshole who started things was a Hawks fan too. The locals had a good laugh over that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm pretty sure the spot to hit before Blues games is Bernie Federko's. It's right across from the stadium, it's huge, and it's dedicated to hockey.

Maybe if you want to go to the hot hockey spot, I'm not a hockey fan so I only go if I get free tickets. I take the shuttles from Soulard to all the stadiums, its 5 minutes away and I don't have to mess with parking.

You could still take the shuttles and walk over to Bernie's.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Hawks rolling in the 3rd, 3-0. GO HAWKS!!!

Hawks rule this season!!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

It sucks that success in the regular season doesnt translate to postseason success in hockey as much as it does in the other sports.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
Do you have any statistical evidence to support this?

There is something to the theory that regular season dominance does not carry over.

League history:

since 1987, only 6 President's Trophy winners have also won the Stanley Cup

Blackhawks history:

1972 - 107 points, lost in second round

1991 - 106 points, lost in first round

1993 - 106 points, lost in first round

1996 - 94 points, lost in second round

2002 - 96 points, lost in first round

On the other hand, these Hawks teams made it to the Conference Finals:

1982 - 72 points

1985 - 83 points

1989 - 66 points

1990 - 88 points

1995 - 53 points

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
A low seed has never beaten the highest seed in any other sport.

Give the guy a break, Krush. Don't you remember the "President's Cup curse"? The basis of that really wasn't perfect, as enough have won to show it's kind of random. However, hockey is unique in the fact that a goaltender can get hot and completely take over a series. There's something to the point, though we can all hope that the top teams make it deep this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Give the guy a break, Krush. Don't you remember the "President's Cup curse"? The basis of that really wasn't perfect, as enough have won to show it's kind of random. However, hockey is unique in the fact that a goaltender can get hot and completely take over a series. There's something to the point, though we can all hope that the top teams make it deep this year.

Yes I know the President's Cup thing. But, my question was an honest one, not trying to start a fight.

I seem to remember a bunch of wild card teams getting into and some winning the world series. I don't know how it compares to basketball because I don't follow it enough. Football seems to be a crapshoot sometimes too, though the top 2 teams get a bye.

I'm of the belief that the teams who win in the Stanley Cup Playoffs really were/are the best teams, regardless of what seed they went in as. I know that might not make a lot of sense to other people, however, it's just a line of thinking.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
I thought the sarcasm implied was fairly obvious. I'll be sure to make it more clear for you next time.

Sarcasm or not, you could have come up with some reasoning that was a bit more legitimate, i.e. Steve's line of thinking.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
Yes I know the President's Cup thing. But, my question was an honest one, not trying to start a fight.

I seem to remember a bunch of wild card teams getting into and some winning the world series. I don't know how it compares to basketball because I don't follow it enough. Football seems to be a crapshoot sometimes too, though the top 2 teams get a bye.

I'm of the belief that the teams who win in the Stanley Cup Playoffs really were/are the best teams, regardless of what seed they went in as. I know that might not make a lot of sense to other people, however, it's just a line of thinking.

Sarcasm or not, you could have come up with some reasoning that was a bit more legitimate, i.e. Steve's line of thinking.

Problem is that I wasn't going to search the internet for reasoning. If it was in the NHL thread, where I assumed people would take it more seriously, I might not have posted it. Just a thread about seats at the Scottrade Center. I threw out a comment based on what I hear those that are more apt in their hockey knowledge than I say. It didn't even occur to me that someone might dissect the comment or believe that anything that I had to say held any value to it. I extend to you a most sincere apology and hope to never offend you in the future. Thanks!

Edited by Sox72